[FIXED] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

by SproutLee

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

★★ Pro

I've removed the cages from all my lots that had them that aren't occupied yet in this save I'm playing, but I've been afraid to try and play the households that still have them on the lot from before this bug started or even to go into build mode and delete the cage for fear of breaking my save.

I really hope this gets fixed soon!

Message 31 of 113 (1,030 Views)

Hedgehog died of starvation, but he wasn't hungry..

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know..
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expect get famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims glitch and stand still while trying to feed hedgehog
What do you expect to see? ..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims seem too glitch out and stand still in front of the cage while trying to feed their hedgehog.. He died of starvation, but it said he wasn't hungry..

Message 32 of 113 (1,003 Views)

Re: Hedgehog died of starvation, but he wasn't hungry..

★ Guide

It said he died, meanwhile hes still in his cage.. 

Message 33 of 113 (1,002 Views)

★ Guide

It's part of this bug. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-MFPSP-Rodent-Cage-Breaks-Game/m-p/7259787#M79999

You'll have to roll back your save to before he died and try to save him because otherwise your game will be broken. 

Message 34 of 113 (986 Views)

Hero
Merged threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 113 (980 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game After Deleting It

★★★ Newbie

Same thing is happening to me and it’s very annoying. Deleted the cage and the game completely froze and when I tried to exit to main page it wouldn’t even exit... had to force quit the game.

Message 36 of 113 (938 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also experiencing this bug and it's very frustrating. I'm experiencing everything that others have said with the game freezing when deleting the pet cage.

Unfortunately, my pet Bubalus is set to die no matter what in two days time. His death doesn't seem to affect the game but deleting the cage causes the game to crash.

Super annoying. Hope a fix is released soon.

Message 37 of 113 (935 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've found sort of a workaround with the game breaking cages...

If you have get famous you can donate the cage to a fan. Just remember to save before doing it just in case.

Message 38 of 113 (885 Views)

★ Guide

I had the game breaking from deleting the rodent cage problem in two different houses and the following worked to delete the cage and I can play the houses just fine:

From manage worlds screen go straight to build mode. Delete the rodent cage. Go back to manage worlds and save. Then go back to play the household. So far so good. Played for hours since I did this and having no freezing issues.

I added a rodent back to one house (Bulbas this time), and he doesn't have a food indicator now, but the notification says he's starving and his cage says he has food. Might be a separate bug, not sure.

Message 39 of 113 (834 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game After Deleting It

★ Pro

@Evie0602 wrote:

I have the animation freezing problem too.The rodent seems to get stuck running on the wheel and that causes any interactions with it to make my sim freeze. 

I seem to be having this and other issues with the Rodent Cages. My Sims will get stuck doing just about any activity with the rodent cage and the only way to get them unstuck is to reset the Rodent Cage and then reset the Sim. 

Examples:

If I tell my Sim to clean the cage they go to the cage and freeze. If I reset both objects the cage appears to have been be cleaned, but I never know if this is because I reset it or if my Sim really did clean it. 

If I tell my Sim to interact with the Rodent Cage and then they autonomously add another action their queue they'll get stuck at the cage. Reset. Reset.

Worst thing that can happen is your rodent dies while your Sim is interacting with them. Reset doesn't work in this case. The game freezes and the only cure is to load an earlier save. For this reason, I now give all my Rodents the never age treat. 

Message 40 of 113 (827 Views)