[FIXED] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

by SproutLee

Original Post

Re: Game Breaks After Deleting Rodent Cage

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've only recently got the pet stuff pack, and had this problem when deleting the cage. I didn't have any babies or other pets, just a single young adult sim.

the only way I found around it was to get rid of the rodent first by releasing it, after that it let me delete the cage without a problem.

Message 10 of 113 (2,071 Views)

Hero

Could someone create a thread in the bug forum ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 113 (2,083 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I did 😉
Message 13 of 113 (2,071 Views)

Hero
Merged all the info to the new thread in Bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 113 (2,054 Views)

★ Guide

This is what happened to me too! I thought it was a mod issue, but I guess not. What happened in my game was my pet rat died because he never needed to be fed, then I sold the cage. But when I went back to live mode, my game was frozen and I had to force quit because I couldn't even exit my game. I had to roll back my save to before he died and save him, otherwise my save was broken. I had two young adult sims, and no babies. One of my sims is pregnant though. 

Message 15 of 113 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Update: I removed my mods folder, repaired my game, and created a new save. I made a single sim who owns 4 rodent cages. I played for a couple days, and then I sold one of the cages. My game completely broke. It was frozen and I couldn't click anything, but sound was still playing. I couldn't quit the game. I couldn't even go to task manager to quit the game. I had to restart my computer to get out of it.

So you don't need to have babies or a pregnant sim for this to happen. 

Message 16 of 113 (1,998 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I guess this is an issue in others games. Hmm weird how the rodent cage can do such harm to your game. Please fix soon
Message 17 of 113 (1,980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also having this same problem after deleting the cage, and no babies on the lot. 

Message 18 of 113 (1,937 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game After Deleting It

Hero
Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 113 (1,908 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game After Deleting It

★★★★ Apprentice
Wow this is quite scary. I've had a rodent cage in a household with two babies for a long time now, good thing I had no intention on moving or deleting the cage but it is excellent to know that it would cause an issue.
Message 20 of 113 (1,795 Views)