Game not pausing

by EmilyBlueJaye

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

★★★ Guide

This bug report has nothing to do with babies, but I've learnt recently to never buy the rodent cage, it puts my game in a strange freeze mode, but there is a way out, what was suggested above, forcefully quit game, reload game, Go directly to Build household mode without play. Sell Cage, Save, Go back to world map, and household should be playable again.

Message 101 of 113 (648 Views)

Game not pausing

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but backyard stuff and kids room stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown
What happens when the bug occurs? I press pause and game does not pause.
What do you expect to see? Game pausing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I press pause the game does not pause. Players are not selectable. Cannot select items in game for actions. Cannot save game; will show save screen indefinitely. 

Message 102 of 113 (595 Views)

Re: Game not pausing

Hero
Did you have a rodent cage that you deleted ? @EmilyBlueJaye

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 113 (582 Views)

Re: Game Breaks After Deleting Rodent Cage

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

First time I encountered the bug I deleted the cage without releasing the rodent first. Game wouldn't allow me to click/interact with anything, crashed upon exit. I had 2 adult sims in a penthouse apartment. Released the rodent, deleted cage, worked fine. 

Now I have a family: 2 adults, child, 2 toddlers in a house. Released rodent first (because he was just being weird and buggy anyways) then deleted the cage and now my game is broken. 

side question; Does anyone else's rodent wheel spin even with no rodent? (edit: Yes after scouring these comments more it seems like quite a few rodent cages are just buggy and the rodents are obsessed with the wheel and this repetitive motion of the wheel tends to hypnotize sims into a trance like state and give them the ability to teleport rooms. thought it was just me)

i do have a few mods, but still.

1/10 would not recommend this pack unless you're super into blinds.

Message 104 of 113 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Citysim9997 wrote:

This bug report has nothing to do with babies, but I've learnt recently to never buy the rodent cage, it puts my game in a strange freeze mode, but there is a way out, what was suggested above, forcefully quit game, reload game, Go directly to Build household mode without play. Sell Cage, Save, Go back to world map, and household should be playable again.

This works. thank you!

Message 105 of 113 (595 Views)

★ Guide

That is possibly the case in the last occurance. Cannot say for sure previous times. 

Message 106 of 113 (565 Views)

Hero

@EmilyBlueJaye 

merging your post for now as this is a typical symptom of the rodent cage issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 107 of 113 (561 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm that Citysims' workaround fixed the issue for me. However it's ridiculous that this is still an issue so many months later. I only recently bought a rodent cage for the first time in my game and this bug occurred within minutes. The rodent wouldn't stop running on its wheel, it never ate and was generally glitchy so I released it and then sold the cage - totally froze my game!

Message 108 of 113 (508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I place the rodent cage and interact my sim freezes in front of it along with everyone else in the household. If you try to cancel interaction nothing happens, and you cant rest the sim. Then if you go to save so you dont lose all of your progress the game freezes on the save screen. So aggravated with this pack!!

Message 109 of 113 (493 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've found a way around this - at least this is what worked for me. 

Instead of entering my current household, I went into build/buy mode from the map screen. Then, I immediately deleted the buggy cage and entered manage worlds. THEN, I entered my household. No weird animation freezing and everything works normally. I recommend saving as soon as your household loads though ~~~ This pack is truly the worst.

Hope this helps!

Message 110 of 113 (423 Views)