by narynewt

Original Post

Re: (Solved) Rodent Cage Breaking Game

★ Novice

ah alright. sorry about that.

Message 91 of 113 (752 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem too but I don't have babies on the lot. Two adults and two children and a cat. I had a hedgehog and every time any of my sims tried to interact with it, even if it wasn't on the wheel (which it was on 99% of the time) the sim froze and I had to reset them and they would teleport to another room but after that work fine (not the hedgehog though). 

I finally decided I had had enough of that damn pet I couldn't even interact with so I deleted the cage and went back to live mode. Everything was frozen. I had the husband selected and the only thing moving in the game that I could see was the wife in the background turning her had from side to side. 

I had to use task manager to exit the game. I hope they have a solution to this issue soon.

Message 92 of 113 (739 Views)

★ Guide

I've been having this issue for a while, that the sims in my legacy household just freeze. I have to force quit the game and start again. I've only recently figured out that its the hamster cage that causes it. Almost each time some one in the household interacts with it, they just freeze. I've tried to delete the hamster cage from the game completely, and that also freezes everyone. The only way to get out is to force quit via the task manager.

Message 93 of 113 (725 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 freezing at cage - My First Pet Stuff

★ Apprentice

I'm having pretty much the same issue with my single teen household. I got him a hamster to keep him from being so lonely and it's really broken the game. He just stands in front of the cage forever and it requires me to reset him or the cage to release him from his trance. Also, I get notifications that the hamster has gone off to outer space while it's still running in its cage. Because of the freezing I've had one hamster die of hunger. I'm not sure if it was from my Sim's inability to feed it or the hamster not leaving the wheel to actually eat. At one point my game crashed. Very disappointing and frustrating! 

Message 94 of 113 (709 Views)

Bubalus cage crashes game

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Season,Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, My First Pet Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have the bubalus cage in my sims house and that's the only object that causes this.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims will completely freeze while trying to do an action on the cage and I will have to rest (debug) them in order for them to move again. After I have tried to just delete the cage my game will freeze up and crash. If I move the cage to my sims inventory it will be fine, but if I try to sell the cage from the household inventory the whole game will freeze again.
What do you expect to see? My sims complete their actions on the cage without freezing of glitching and have the ability to sell the cage freely.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I downloaded the My First Pet Stuff, before that I have had zero glitches.

So basically any of the hamster cages that came with the My First Pet Stuff pack keep causing my sims to freeze anytime they try to interact with the rodent, and if I try to remove the cage all together (selling it) my whole game crashes and I'm forced to shut it down with task manager. 

Message 95 of 113 (711 Views)

Re: Bubalus cage crashes game

Hero

HI @sketchingmeg 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 96 of 113 (697 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm really happy I started a new game when I decided to try messing around with the hamster cage. 

I kept trying to have my Sim feed the hamster a treat, but he'd just stand there in the "trance" and the hamster would just run on the wheel forever.When I finally managed to get him away from the cage and delete it, everything clammed up. He stopped moving, and I was unable to open the pie menu on anything in the house. 

Attempting to save and exit the game caused the game to just save infinitely. I had to force quit the game.

Message 97 of 113 (652 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had this issue with the rodent cage as well, only it happened both with infants and with out infants in the house. There were many children however. And no mods.

Message 98 of 113 (631 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I kept noticing the same thing in a way so I got rid of the rodent cage! Mine wasnt totally breaking the game but there was a ton of lag while trying to interact with the rodent and that got on my nerves and knew something was glitchy with the rodent cage and got rid of it! My game also crashed multiple times while having the rodent cage. 

Message 99 of 113 (616 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The only fix I know of is to go into manage town and click on your house and build from there and then delete the rodent cage. It doesn't break without having to load up the family as well. 

Message 100 of 113 (614 Views)