Re: sims stop moving when interacting with hamster

by Evie0602

Original Post

★ Guide

That sounds like its related to this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-MFPSP-Rodent-Cage-Breaks-Game/m-p/7259787#M79999

There's a lot of problems with the rodent cage right now. 

Message 81 of 113 (696 Views)

Hero

Hi @lissrupp 

while there are lots of problems with the cage atm, you're saying it works fine without mods ?

Can you pinpoint your issue  to a certain mod or could it just have been coincidence ?

Try the 50/50 method described here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content to find out which mod is causing the issue for you,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 113 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The only one I had downloaded at that time was MCCC (MC Command Center) but I have never had any problems with the mod before, and the mods I have now I downloaded after I got My First Pet Stuff, so it has to be MCCC.

Message 83 of 113 (675 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Another problem I have is with the other rodents, when I was testing my problem. Rats work with the animation but they break the speed so I can't pause, and then when I try to exit the game normally through the menu, I can't, I have to force it to close using the task manager, it's the same with hedgehogs. I have not tested the bubaloo because I have no interest having a fantasy creature in households but I will test it if it is necessary.

Message 84 of 113 (673 Views)

Hero

Hi @lissrupp 

that does sound like the same issue. I've merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 113 (668 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for helping! I hope this bug eventually gets fixed because I really like the little rodents

Message 86 of 113 (664 Views)

Broken Hamsters Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a hamster cage in your game the hamster will be immediately bugged and spend a lot of time on the wheel.
What happens when the bug occurs? Hamster gets stuck on wheel, sims can’t interact with it, no notifications when it dies just an invisible hamster running on the wheel and then when you go to sell the cage your game freezes and sometimes crashes and you have to reload your save. Also if you try to move it to your build buy inventory or try to move it your game freezes. I’ve tried to sell it, remove it and place it in my inventory without my mods and cc installed and still had the same problems.
What do you expect to see? I just want my hamsters to work so I can have my family’s have adorable little buddies that don’t break my game Standard smile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know how it looks but it’s my black widow challenge and well zoom in there’s no hamster 

Message 87 of 113 (623 Views)

Re: Broken Hamsters Sims 4

Hero

Hi @Cassiopeiasims 

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 88 of 113 (609 Views)

(Solved) Rodent Cage Breaking Game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP05:1.assets.ml-sp05205
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion and game packs but Jungle Adventures and 3 stuff packs that are irrelevant to this
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When interacting with the rodent cages that come in the My First Pet Stuff pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? When placing the rodent cage on your lot, it 'breaks' the game, causing things such as frozen sim queue after selecting an interaction on the cage, game not pausing, or game not allowing player to switch between the sims in the household (after attempting to sell the rodent cage).
What do you expect to see? Frozen sims queue, game not pausing, game not allowing player to switch between sims, slow loading screens.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Added the My Pet Stuff Pack and some new custom content. Will explain.

(IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CUSTOM CONTENT INSTALLED IN YOUR GAME, THIS FIX WILL NOT APPLY TO YOU. I OTHERWISE SUGGEST IT IS AN EA SCRIPT ERROR.)

Recommended mods to help assist with this issue: MC COMMAND CENTER created by Deaderpool <removed mod link as those are against the TOS>

I was having this issue and couldn't figure out what was going on. It seems I had some custom content conflicting with custom traits OR after adding the My First Pet Stuff and Seasons packs, this glitch occurred. I tested all folders (I have mine sorted clothes, hair, furniture etc.) and took traits out and it ran fine. Removing the rodent cage didn't break my game and seems to have stopped the standing queue. (When this was going on my game wouldn't pause or let me switch between characters. Also MC COMMAND told me something was conflicting all of a sudden when adding clothes and accessories I thought were fine.) I had the traits in well before the new clothes I added, so I guess two were fighting (also added the My First Pet Stuff, Seasons, and Get Famous packs) and just one of them needed to be removed. I decided to just remove the traits.

This could also mean the new stuff pack and game pack just conflicts with traits period. I read a lot of people no longer see them show up in game anymore since patching after the packs were released.

Not sure if this will work for others but my game is running okay now. If you do already have the MC COMMAND CENTER and it has not told you that there was a script error yet you are still experiencing this issue, I can only assume it is an EA error. This is what I did and I'm not verifying this is the only way.  Whatever the issue my game seems to be running fine now. (only have run it for a few minutes but I can pause and switch characters, no MC COMMAND notification that a file was broken).

Message 89 of 113 (604 Views)

Re: (Solved) Rodent Cage Breaking Game

Hero

HI @mamatiler 

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

It does appear to be a vanilla game issue.

Please note: Removed your mod link as those are not allowed at AHQ. Please only name mods, not link them. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 90 of 113 (600 Views)