Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

by ArendelleMage

Original Post

★ Guide

I am also having problems with Sims freezing while trying to use the rodent cage.

Almost every time a Sim tries to interact with the rodent, they'll freeze in place and be unable to do anything at all until I force reset them. Sometimes this will magically make the rodent happy/fed (whatever the Sim was trying to do with the rodent at the time). Other times the rodent will still need care but the Sim can't provide it because they freeze every time they try to care for the rodent.

I know it's not simulation lag because I recently upgraded to a better laptop that exceeds the recommended specs for the game and no longer have issues with simulation lag. It's only the rodent cage that does this. This also happens to me with and without mods, with a cleared cache, after a repair, with a clean Sims 4 folder, etc. All the basic troubleshooting/tidying up steps you could possibly take to smooth out bugs have already been done.

I finally got fed up and deleted the cage after being told my rodent died of starvation when my Sim just fed him that morning. Thankfully, deleting the cage hasn't caused any ill effects (that I've noticed so far, anyway), but my Sims can't use the cage at all without problems.

It's quite a disappointment, really. I only bought the pack for the rodents, as everything else in the pack is just a recolour of Cats & Dogs content, anyway.

Message 71 of 113 (1,069 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue as SnarkyWitch. My pc exceeds specs. My mods are all up to date, etc. etc.

No matter what I do my Sims freeze when playing with the hamster or doing anything hamster-related. The Sim using the cage freezes. All other Sims in the house function as normal. The only solution seems to be removing the hamster cage and using resetsim, which is irritating because that's what I bought the pack for, like the above poster.

Message 72 of 113 (1,036 Views)

★★ Guide

To those who are having this issue are you playing without having Cats and Dogs installed or do you have Cats and Dogs installed? This pretty much seems like it should be fixed with an emergency patch. It resembles the Lydnsy Speaker Crashing Bug that was fixed because it renders the game unplayable. Defeats the purpose of having My First Pet Stuff if you can't play with the rodents and their cages.

Message 73 of 113 (1,029 Views)

★ Guide

I have all packs. Also I've had this bug since November, so I guess it doesn't get an emergency patch. 

Message 74 of 113 (1,002 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Good question about the packs! For me, I am having this issue and I do have Cats & Dogs. I got Cats & Dogs shortly after it came out and have had zero issues with it. I just added My First Pet Stuff in February.

Message 75 of 113 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For me the babies aren't a factor (I do have a toddler though) but I'm experiencing this freezing glitch. I have a hedgehog in my household that is stuck running on the wheel. If I interact with it in anyway in build/buy mode that freeze happens and I have to exit the game through task manager. I've tried moving it to a different spot, using the debug option, moving my household from the lot then back on, etc...no luck with it so far.

Message 76 of 113 (923 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have all of the packs, including Cats & Dogs. The only "solution" I found to the rodent breaking the game was to put the rodent cage in the family inventory. When I tried deleting it my whole game froze up.

Message 77 of 113 (891 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same thing happened to me, as soon as I would delete or donate this rodent cage my game would freeze. WHAT WORKED FOR ME was I went into build mode through the world map and deleted the rodent cage that way, and it was the only way my game wouldn't freeze. Hope it works for everyone else too.
Message 78 of 113 (865 Views)

sims stop moving when interacting with hamster

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have any age sims try to interact with the hamster from My First Pet Stuff
What happens when the bug occurs? When sims try to interact with hamsters with a queue they stop moving and no animation plays. When I reset them, they are somewhere else in the house because they moved to do the next queue action. Example: Kid plays with hamster with "Sleep" next in the queue, they will have moved away from the hamster cage when reset.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see an animation when my sims interact with hamsters and they should not teleport after the action when there is a queue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 79 of 113 (888 Views)

Re: sims stop moving when interacting with hamster

★★★★★ Novice

Note: when I disabled my downloaded mods it worked fine and the animation played.

Message 80 of 113 (883 Views)