Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

by kaitlinsasafras

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I put the cage in before my sims had kids and I tried deleting the cage after the hamster died. That broke my game. I do use cc but I took it all out and tried it again to see if that was the issue. However, it was not. I cannot remove the cage at all it makes my game not playable in live mode and when I try to click it doesn't allow me to. When i try to exit the game I have to reset my computer because it freezes so bad. Please try to fix this asap. I have had this problem since December. 

Message 41 of 113 (931 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don't have *My First Pet Stuff*, but re-reading this topic again today, I'm taking a shot in the dark...

Could this be similar to the deadly Lin-Z glitch introduced by the same patch (IIRC), in that there's something wrong with a hidden relationship? Wondering

Message 42 of 113 (904 Views)

Re: Game Breaks After Deleting Rodent Cage

★★★★ Novice
Yes me too. Any time I delete the cage the game freezes. Can’t click anything or save.
Message 43 of 113 (889 Views)

★ Novice

Has there been a fix to this yet?  I just recently got Sims 4 and paid to get this small pet addon, but looking at the forum this problem has been going back for a couple of months?  My sims just keep freezing every time they go to the hamster cage to feed it Frown  

Message 44 of 113 (868 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same issue here:

- Deleting the cage freezes the game, you will have to close it via task manager.

- After some in-game weeks, the animations are no longer shown - Sims just stand frozen in front of the cage, they get the correct moodlets but nothing happens. To end this without cheats, briefly go to build mode and move the cage to a different position.

- After the rodent's death is announced, he continues to run around for some hours. After he is finally gone, his wheel continues to spin.

Message 45 of 113 (858 Views)

Rat cage freezes sim

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to interact with rat cage with other stuff in queue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Individual sim interacting with cage freezes. The sim will not move but somehow, if I queued the sim to sleep after interacting with cage, it will show her asleep in the corner icon eventhough she is just froze in front of cage. So all the queues continue with her froze there.
What do you expect to see? I expect sim to not freeze.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Individual sim interacting with cage freezes. The sim will not move but somehow, if I queued the sim to sleep after interacting with cage, it will show her asleep in the corner icon eventhough she is just froze in front of cage. So all the queues continue with her froze there. I have to go into build mode and move the cage to break the malfunction.  Seems to only happen if I have multiple different queues stacked up but I could be wrong. 

Message 46 of 113 (848 Views)

Re: Rat cage freezes sim

★★★ Novice

I have this issue too, and I do not have CC or mods. I was having a hard time finding this problem posted here.

Message 47 of 113 (836 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My thread got merged here. Just want to specify, in case there are multiple issues, that I have never had my game crash from this. Just the sim interacting will freeze while all others sims are playable as normal. My frozen sim instantly goes back to normal after I go into build mode and move the cage around. 

Message 48 of 113 (829 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hello everyone

This bug is not mentioned in today's patch notes, but I just tested it and could sell the cage without problems. Perhaps other players can test this, too.

Message 49 of 113 (825 Views)

★ Guide

It's still broken in my game. My game is fully patched with no mods. I played for a sim day and then when I deleted one of the rodent cages, my game froze like before and I had to restart my computer to be able to quit the game. 

Message 50 of 113 (806 Views)