Re: The Sims 4 freezing at cage - My First Pet Stuff

by ClarityPrime

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game After Deleting It

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue and it's so annoying since I can't delete the cage without breaking the game....
It gets deleted then in live mode nothing works, menu, sims, objects. Have to force close the game.

Have tried everything, new save and all but I do have a puppy in the house so I will try to age it up to see if it works.

I'm also having the issue where sometimes when interacting with the rodent the animations freeze. They get the moodlet for playing/getting bitten and also anything they do after (like taking a bath) but no animation and then the sim is stuck and I have to reset that single sim. And then some times it works so I have tried everything, every age group, every type of rodent, line up activities after, not having anything after.

Edit:
I tried to age up the puppy and still both the delete problem and the animation freeze.

Message 21 of 113 (2,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the animation freezing problem too.The rodent seems to get stuck running on the wheel and that causes any interactions with it to make my sim freeze. 

Message 22 of 113 (2,318 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I'm experiecing the same issue. Something I hadn't before. It will probably be some issue since the last update!

Message 23 of 113 (2,287 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yep that's right Evie. The wheel keeps spinning even when the rodent is dead...

If a patch broke it then it must have been the December 18th one because that's when I got the pack and I have had the problem ever since installed.

Message 24 of 113 (2,278 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game After Deleting It

★★★★ Novice

I am having this aswell. Game completely breaks when I try to sell the cage and its not cool! You'd think a completely game breaking thing like this would be a priority.

Message 25 of 113 (2,190 Views)

The Sims 4 freezing at cage - My First Pet Stuff

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All excluding vintage glamour stuff, romantic garden stuff and spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase a rodent cage from my first pet stuff and interact.
What happens when the bug occurs? I found my sim is freezing at the cage after interacting, for example I will send her to the toilet after interacting with the cage and although needs are satisfied she is still standing at the cage. Debugging her and the cage has been working to temporarily solve the issue after interaction. Rodent died of hunger with a full bowl of food. Had to debug cage after rodent died as was still running around inside the cage. Other I have spoke to on the Sims global community on Facebook appear to be having similar problems sometimes worse than what I've experienced with having their games completely froze and having to quit of the game, some stated they saw the problem after downloading get famous however I got both packs together so cannot comment on that.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to move after interaction with cage. I expect rodent not to die of hunger with food available. I don't expect to see movement in cage after death of rodant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sorry if this is already a topic, I did have a look, however couldn't find anything to do with this issue. 

Message 26 of 113 (2,148 Views)

Hero
@YasmineLAPrimo I did merge your post with the one about deleting the cage.

Just to be sure: You never deleted the cage ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 113 (2,134 Views)

★★ Novice

I got the same issue here.

I sucessfully reset my sims with the cheat and delete the cage. And try it again, same thing happen and after 3 reset, the game totally broke. This is a big bug with the cage and this is to EA games to fix it. So yeah, I will send a ticket to EA Games because that bug began to be very annoying. And I try, and try and try, and everytime the bug happen. The rodent is stuck in the cage, my sims is stuck in front of the cage. I reset the sim and sell the cage, retry, etc, and everytime the bug happen. 

So, this is nothing to do about it, the only thing we can do is reporting the bug to EA games.

Message 28 of 113 (2,055 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

★★ Apprentice
Yeah, something is definitely wrong with the rodent cages. Every time my sim goes over to it, he gets stuck and I have to reset him so he'll move again.
Message 29 of 113 (2,016 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

★ Guide

I think there's 2 different bugs with the rodent cage. One is that the rodent gets stuck running on the wheel, which causes all interactions with it to make the sims freeze. And in my experience, the rodent will even die of starvation because it's stuck on the wheel and doesn't want to eat. Then when it dies, the wheel is still spinning but with no rodent on it because it should be dead. The other bug is that selling the cage at any time causes the game to freeze and crash.

But maybe the bugs are connected to the rodent getting stuck on the wheel. Like if you delete the cage while it's stuck, that causes the game to break, but if you only delete the cage when it's not stuck on the wheel, then the game won't break. I know that going to Manage Worlds and then back to the household will temporarily fix the rodent from being stuck on the wheel. I hope some of this helps to find a cause for the bug. The rodent cages are completely broken right now. 

Message 30 of 113 (1,982 Views)