Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

by wolfiechan5

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Apprentice

If that's true this is one of the dumbest things I've ever been apart of.

Message 251 of 292 (1,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I have the problem on an Imac, so it is not just older MacBook's.

Message 252 of 292 (1,712 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It can't just be the age of the computer. I'm on a 2018 MacBook Pro and it's still happening for me. 

Message 253 of 292 (1,669 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's a Mac bug caused by EA's june patch. It's not about the model of your mac or how old it is.

I am running the game on a 2018 Macbook Pro as well and I still have this problem.

Message 254 of 292 (1,650 Views)

SKIN DETAIL/TATTOO GLITCH: Skin details and tattoos do not apply to all outfits

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Famous, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS mode when creating or editing a family.
What happens when the bug occurs? When adding skin details and/or tattoos to a sim, freckles, scars, tattoos etc do not apply to all outfits.
What do you expect to see? Skin details and tattoos to appear on all outfits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living patch: 6/18/19

Message 255 of 292 (1,638 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MAC] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★★★ Novice

I have this problem too and just posted about it in hope that it'll get noticed by The Sims team. I really hope this glitch is fixed as I really enjoy playingThe Sims 4, however this glitch makes the game too frustrating to play.

Message 256 of 292 (1,657 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

We really need them to be a little bit more present on this thread because honestly this is tragic 

Message 257 of 292 (1,218 Views)

★★★ Guide
@purplepumpkin131 I agree, this makes no sense at all. Atm I'm unable to use any skin details/tattoos at all, because of this bug.
I also noticed that some hair colors don't seem to affect all outfits (in my case I changed the hair color of an elder sim to grayish brown and the color didn't apply to all outfits).
Message 258 of 292 (1,181 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, specially when all we are asking is some basic level of communication/transparency and confirmation that we are being heard and that a patch is indeed coming sooner rather than later.

And at this point I don't think it's reasonable anymore to just ask us to be patient. When you accidentally break a core feature of a game, a fix should be the priority. Instead we've had two patches that didn't address this issue and some vague post about how they are aware of the bug and that's it.

Message 259 of 292 (1,018 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is truly ridiculous. We should at least get some updates--have they found the actual issue, yet? Are they even working on a solution? At this point, it feels like they're not even paying attention simply because this is a Mac Issue and they are under the impression that Mac players are such a minority that they don't matter. CAS is almost impossible at this point. Where is the fix? I want to play the game I spent so much money on. 

Message 260 of 292 (981 Views)