Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

by KAHowler88

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I'm on mac and have the same issue, but it's also been happening with hair. I noticed sometimes the hair or skin details will only transfer to the hot and cold weather outfits

Message 191 of 292 (1,975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hello Everyone:

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend! I wanted to pass along a modded solution to this issue while we wait for EA to fix what it carelessly broke. The mod is called Unify Hair Makeup and/or Tattoo’s by Lynire. It can be found on Mod the Sims website. If you check out comment #19 a brave soul updated it to work with hot/cold outfits for those of us with seasons. 

I’ve personally tested this and it works perfectly. Just be sure to follow all the directions. I used the MCCC command center to transfer the skin details and this mod to transfer over all the tattoos. It can also transfer over hair and makeup if you want. 

I’m so pleased that I won’t spend eighty years in CAS making my sims while I wait for the patch!

Message 192 of 292 (1,936 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there any update/word on if this is going to be fixed by ea soon??? Its kinda making me annoyed to the point where I barely play 

Message 193 of 292 (1,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@KanyeWoost.. No ETA on a fix date but according to SimGuruNick on Twitter they are aware of the issue, can replicate it, and are actively trying to figure out a fix. Sadly, we just have to wait! I’m hopeful we’ll see a fix in the August patch. In the meantime, Mod’s will be our best friend!

Message 194 of 292 (1,897 Views)

Toddler Hairs won’t change colour and Skin Details won’t change for every outfit

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, gamepacks and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try and change toddlers hair and the skin details of any age sim. check to see if it changes in each category on a mac system running the sims 4
What happens when the bug occurs? i try and change the hair colour of toddlers but nothing happens. It stays the same colour no matter how many times i click the swatch on official hairs. i can change the hairstyle but not the colour however, cc hair is not affected; i can change the hairs of cc hair and changing the colour on a cc hair and switching back to the official hair has been the only workaround that I’ve found for this toddler issue. Also i have to change the skin details for each and every outfit, category manually. I’ve repaired the game and removed all CC/mods but this problem remains.
What do you expect to see? I expect the toddler hair colour to change when i click on a new swatch. i expect the skin details to change on every single outfit category.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was the patch leading up to the Island living release that broke the game.

I am playing on a MAC and I have removed CC & repaired the game but the problem won’t go away. I can’t change the colour of toddler hair for official game hairs and the skin details of all sims is not changing for every category like it should. I'm having to change the skin details so they match on each and every outfit.

Message 195 of 292 (1,366 Views)

Re: Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★★ Novice

I think it really may be a Mac issue if there aren't any problems like this in PC currently. I'm playing on Mac and I've been having this issue for about a month now.

Message 196 of 292 (1,390 Views)

★ Novice

Is there a fix for this or even a mod that someone made to fix this, its so annoying.

Message 197 of 292 (1,387 Views)

Re: CAS Bug?

★★★★★ Newbie

Same!! 

Message 198 of 292 (1,374 Views)

Re: Toddler Hairs won’t change colour and Skin Details won’t change for every ou

@CoutureSimmer

Moved your bug report to this Mac thread. The skin details not copying across to other outfits is currently a known Mac issue.

I have just tested toddler hair colour not saving properly in my game and it performs fine. Can you please move your Mods folder to the desktop, trash the localthumbcahce.package file, load your game see if the problem persists. If it does please move the whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop and start a new, clean game to see if it persists.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 199 of 292 (1,334 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm still having this issue! I removed all mods/cc, cleared the cache, and reinstalled the game. I hope this gets fixed soon because its making playing the game VERY tedious, as a person who spends a lot of time making sims.

Message 200 of 292 (1,181 Views)