Re: why are my skin details not locking

by isabellatella

Original Post

Re: My Skin Details Disappear after Every Look

★ Apprentice

it's extreme, the game is basically unplayable for me at this point because there are SO many bugs and now that it also affects CAS there's basically nothing to play

Message 171 of 292 (1,174 Views)

Re: My Skin Details Disappear after Every Look

Hero (Retired)

@minhothefox @astrid5906 I merged your posts into the main thread for the issue. Please see message from EA_Jason here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Tattoos-and-Skin-Details-don-t-apply-to-all/m-p... for updated information

Message 172 of 292 (1,161 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★★★ Novice
@BluebellfloraMrsKnitterknack So apparently there is gonna be a patch in August lets just hope and pray that this issue gets fixed in the August patch because this issue is annoying the heck out of me
Message 173 of 292 (1,146 Views)

★★★★ Novice

honestly just super disappointing they’re doing this whole update and they don’t fix a problem that is ruining gameplay for so many.

Message 174 of 292 (1,110 Views)

★★★ Novice

I KNOW! THIS ISSUE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! I spend so much time on sims already but since the bug where skin details don't transfer to all outfits it is taking me HOURS! I'm literally so mad that this issue isn't FIXED!!! I seriously don't even wanna play anymore! PLEASE FIX IT SOON EA! 

Message 175 of 292 (1,054 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Rexetimperator I hit copy and then paste and it did nothing. I never had this mod before so maybe I'm doing it wrong but could you help? do I have to paste it in CAS or something?
Message 176 of 292 (1,042 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is how I did it, and I have done it several times without any problems.

You must be in-game (not CAS). Make sure your target Sim is wearing everyday outfit number one, and that this where you have set the skin details you want (you will have already done this in CAS).

Click on the target Sim. A menu with many options will appear. Click on the option: MC Command Cantre. A control panel will appear. Click on MC CAS. Another set of options will appear. Click on Copy/Paste... Click on Copy Skin Details. Now click on Paste Skin Details. Close MC Command Cantre by clicking on the x. Save your game.

Your Sim should now have the same skin details in every outfit. It won't work for tattoos or anything in the tattoo part of CAS. 

Do not use keyboard shortcuts, just use the menu in MC Command Cantre.

I hope this works for you. It does for me.

Also, have fun with the other things MC Command Cantre can do now that you have it. It can be a bit complicated at first. Good luck!

Message 177 of 292 (1,027 Views)

★ Apprentice

Praise whoever is behind MCC, that mod is a life saver! 🙏🏻

Kinda depressing tho that we have to rely on modders instead of the actual "company" to solve problems 🤧 

Message 178 of 292 (966 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Rexetimperator Wow, thank you for this!
Message 179 of 292 (919 Views)

Re: Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★★ Novice

It is not just MAC, I am also having issues and I have a desktop (Windows).  I haven’t seen the skin voices anywhere. 

Message 180 of 292 (890 Views)