Re: Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

by ditzns

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★★★ Novice
I am having the same issue. I play on a Mac, a late 2013 27'' iMac and the CAS bug issue is happening almost 95% of the time with all of my CAS CC that I have. It seems to mostly only be happening to female Sims. It won't let skin details carry throughout all outfits like it used to. Tattoo's aren't working for me either. Not even ingame skin details are carrying over so it's definitely an issue with Macs or the update somehow.
Message 11 of 292 (6,289 Views)

★★ Guide

Also on mac

Message 12 of 292 (6,271 Views)

Re: Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★★★★★ Apprentice
I have the same error. (Also on a mac) I can replicate the error in every new game save in CAS . (I removed all mods and cc before the update).
It seems the first skin detail carries through, but if I change more than one thing then it doesn't.
Message 13 of 292 (6,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion
Tested this in my game and found:

For a fresh sim... tattoos, wrinkles and freckles do not carry over from the 'everyday/main' outfit to other outfits in CAS... I also found that adding a tattoo to the 'everyday/main' outfit of Liberty Lee did not carry over to all of her outfits.

I am on Mac. No mods or cc.
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 14 of 292 (6,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi! I am not sure if this is the right thread.

But I also have this issue, and am also playing on a mac, but I think maybe it might also have to do with the trait randomiser. I first noticed it this morning when I opened a new game and created a sim. When I would go into adjusting outfits the skin details would disappear from outfit to outfit, but it would stick to the one I applied it too. 

I just opened a new game again, and noticed that at the start, before doing anything else, the skin details would apply to all outfits, but only after I used the trait randomiser would they disappear when going into different outfits. It would apply to the outfit I added the skin details to, but when using the trait randomiser again it would also disappear on that outfit. I can't remember if I used the trait randomiser before going into skin details this morning as well. But maybe it has something to do with that? I don't know but I wanted to let you know. Thanks! 

Update: okay, I tried to just make a sim without ever touching the trait randomiser and eventually the same problem occurred, with one sime it worked, but after adding another sim in CAS the problem with the skin details happened again. 

Message 15 of 292 (6,145 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have the same problem so annoying having to do all tattoos and skin details all over again

Message 16 of 292 (6,087 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Skin Details Vanish after Randomizing

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue where skin details and tattoos that are applied to the sim vanish when they change outfits, as if they are make up and not permanent. This also happened straight after the update.

Message 17 of 292 (6,028 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Riverplumm @MrsKnitterknack @JSPR232000 @Kwarcdymny1 @legasimmer @LadyFu83 @aimiesteph @MarleyTheWizard @ditzns @SheriGR 

We are not able to reproduce this.  Could someone share a video of the issue occurring, or more information on what kinds of Sims are being used?  Is it specific to certain types of tattoos or skin details?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 292 (6,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I tested this in my game and I can't reproduce it either. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am also on PC. Almost forgot: I tested on my human Sims and on vampires.

Message 19 of 292 (6,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SimQARobo Okay... In this video...

1. I first went to the new sim I created yesterday for this test who has an arm tattoo that I added yesterday. I add freckles to her face in the video. Neither the freckles or the tattoos carry over to other outfits.
  2. The second sim I go to is the game's Liberty Lee. She has the tattoo on her arm that I added yesterday and it does not carry over to all outfits. But her freckles, which came on her already in the game, are there on other outfits.
  3. Then I created a new sim and added freckles, blemishes, and a tattoo to her. You will see that neither her freckles, blemishes, or tattoo carry over to other outfits.  https://youtu.be/ipIxmBvDQ4E

I am on Mac and have no Mods or CC and never have had any.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 20 of 292 (6,112 Views)