[FIXED] [MAC] [S] Seasons outside decor applying patchy to roofs

by 87winterlight

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [MAC] [S] Seasons outside decor applying patchy to roofs

★★★★ Novice

Oh no! I haven't tried the Christmas Tree yet, I hope this bug doesn't happen to me too >.< that'll be a real kill joy T_T

Message 11 of 26 (929 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [MAC] [S] Seasons outside decor applying patchy to roofs

★ Novice
I am also using a Mac computer and I’m having the same issue. All the decorations are fine up until the eaves.
Message 12 of 26 (901 Views)

Placing decorations on eaves do not show up (Sims 4 Seasons)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack that has been released for The Sims 4 as of June 28th, 2018.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put decorations on the eave.
What happens when the bug occurs? The decorations do not show up, only the green wiring.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see decorations around the eave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every time I have my sim put decorations on the eave, the trimming of the roof, the decorations do not show up. Only the green wiring. I haven't seen anyone talk about the issue, so I don't know if its just me.

Message 13 of 26 (949 Views)

Re: Placing decorations on eaves do not show up (Sims 4 Seasons)

★ Guide

Do you have a picture of this from your game? I might have seen this bug, but it was something to do with the build I made, so I had to remake the roof and replace the eaves. Not sure if it's the same bug as yours. 

Message 14 of 26 (942 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MAC] [S] Seasons outside decor applying patchy to roofs

★★ Novice

I'm also experiencing this problem on a Mac and only with roof decorations

Message 15 of 26 (848 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@iimlana I haven't seen this bug yet in my game.  I note you said you use mods and/or CC.  Please try the following: 1) temporarily remove all mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test the issue in the new save.  If all is well, it may well have been a mod/CC problem or a corruption in your game.  You can try to put mods/CC back in one by one, testing each time to see which one is the troublemaker.  If, after following these steps, you still have the problem, we should discuss your graphics settings and also screen shots and getting a since of your build's structure and roofing would indeed help.

Message 16 of 26 (903 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have done all that and it still doesn’t work. Since posting I’ve seen other people complaining about the bug on different threads and sites, from what I saw it’s mainly a Mac issue. I just hope the gurus know about the issue and can fix it.

Message 17 of 26 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I don’t have a picture but In this link someone posted a picture of the issue. 

http://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/comment/16569331

Message 18 of 26 (886 Views)

★ Apprentice

I filed it as a full bug report directly with EA via the Contact option here and included screenshots as well as details on how to replicate it. I have never used MODS or CC, I only play the original game. This is clearly a bug.

Message 19 of 26 (877 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MAC] [S] Seasons outside decor applying patchy to roofs

★ Apprentice

Filed two bugs reports directly via the Contact option. It looks like the Team is aware of it but has still not confirmed working on a fix? https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1012376963829227520

Message 20 of 26 (825 Views)