Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [MAC] [S] Seasons outside decor applying patchy to roofs

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Decorate the house (seasons)
What happens when the bug occurs? Patchy application of decor on eaves.
What do you expect to see? Strings of decor going all around all roof eaves with no breaks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing seasons/Seasons specific bug.

Sorry if this has been posted before I did not find any other thread showing this issue when I looked. But when I have played the seasons so far, whenever I decorate my sims house for the holidays (spring, spooky, winter fest, etc... themed decor) The application of those decorations around the roof is extremely patchy. I am talking about the kind of decorations you apply through the plastic boxes item that automatically applies lights and decor to the fences, roofs, and foundations... stuff like that. Not anything I apply manually. 

When I tried applying the decor myself on a day that was not preset, (like fourth of July) I went to add the string of stars to the eaves and it was pretty patchy all the way around, but when I added the decor for the friezes it made the patchiness way worse. I realized also that my house doesn't really have friezes but the default for the themed decor is to place all of it, especially with neighbor houses that automatically generate it and you cannot go in to fix the conflict of decor. And I found it a little frustrating that I didn't have the option to take down a specific category of decor anyways. I had to take it all down and start over. But I think that there is definitely a conflict with the roof type of decor. spandrels, friezes, and eaves. Perhaps the option to decorate friezes should just be take out all together? because friezes are usually tricky to put on a house anyways. 

I tried to add a screenshot but the file was too large, but when I just looked in my game folder I also noticed a LOT of exception files in my folder despite the fact that I had removed all my mods and any related files. The day that I had removed them I also removed any last exceptions there were already in there, so these have to be recent. So I am not sure what that is all about. 

Message 1 of 26 (3,632 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [MAC] [S] Seasons outside decor applying patchy to roofs

Hero

We addressed an issue where roof decorations on some lots didn’t look appropriate for the Mac

Fixed in Patch 1.44.88

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (3,143 Views)

All Replies

Re: Seasons outside decor applying patchy to roofs

★★★★ Novice

Yes! This is happening to me too!! I noticed this player is on a Mac, and so am I, would this have anything to do with it I wonder?

I'll quickly load up my game, and take a screenshot to help support the first post.

Message 2 of 26 (3,558 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is taken from the side of the house - you can see some parts of the roof have the banners, but a lot doesn't

Message 3 of 26 (3,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've also been experiencing this problem. It affects all the lots in the neighbourhood. Changing the eaves changes how the decorations display, however you don't need to actually apply the change, simply hovering over the roof piece with a new eave type then moving the mouse away often (but not always) changes where the decorations show up. Also definitely worth noting I'm on a Mac as well, so pretty much definitely something to do with that. Hopefully it can be fixed in a timely manner!

Some example images below:

06-23-18_5_57_46 PM.png

06-23-18_5_57_46 PM.png

Message 4 of 26 (3,535 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Just a note that I'm on a PC and did some testing, and I do not see this issue on PC.

Message 5 of 26 (3,502 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am using a Mac as well and am having the same issue. I tried multiple types of decorations for the roof and it all looked patchy and incomplete. 

Message 6 of 26 (3,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is definitely some correlation between using a Mac and having this issue then.

Message 7 of 26 (3,450 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the testing.

Looks like a Mac issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (3,439 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [MAC] [S] Seasons outside decor applying patchy to roofs

★★★ Newbie

I’m also a Mac user. My decorations aren’t appearing on the roofs. Fences and foundations work fine. Decorations on neighbour’s houses were also patchy.

can’t seem to decorate the Christmas trees too. The decorations for Christmas trees aren’t appearing except the topping.

I have no mods nor any cc in my game.

hope a patch will be released soon.

Message 9 of 26 (3,398 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [MAC] [S] Seasons outside decor applying patchy to roofs

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've seen the christmas tree bug in my game too, and I'm playing on a PC, not a Mac. So I think this might be a different bug than the decor on roof bug (which I don't experience). 

edit: I just created a new topic. Maybe others are experiencing the same bug. 

Message 10 of 26 (3,390 Views)