Re: Lots placing backwards

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Conflicting Terrain Restraints (Error with rotating lots)

★★ Guide

It also happens to lots without lifted terrain. Does your lot have a pool? Usually if you delete the pool and sometimes some sets(s) of exterior stairs it will rotate. There's a thread about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Lots-placing-backwards/m-p/7975415#M94483

Message 21 of 27 (1,246 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The lot has three pools on different terrain levels (sort of like a waterfall), and there are stairs going down from the house to the street. Well, that's unfortunate. I'm not deleting those things just so the lot can be rotated. It should not be an issue :/

Message 22 of 27 (1,213 Views)

Hero
@RoseLudaA Could you try for testing if it works ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 27 (1,209 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sure thing. I deleted the pools and all exterior stairs, and was able to rotate the lot. That does fix the problem, but then it's a lot of work to remake everything.

11-18-19_12-39-16 PM.png

Message 24 of 27 (1,197 Views)

Hero
@RoseLudaA So you think it's the same issue as described in the link ? Are you ok if I merge the threads ?

With build issues it's sometimes hard to tell what's the same, especially for someone who never builds like me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 27 (1,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This still isn't fixed. Working on an ol Tudor Estate I build a while ago, and bringing it back to life and it only shows in the Gallery as backwards, esnuring no one will pay it any mind. I did not pull it from the Gallery or a save. I just simply went back to rework the home and suddenly it displays backwards. It's on a 64x64 lot and using every square inch. I moved it to a couple of different 64x64 lots and got it to place sideways on one, backwards on all of the others. Still no good. 

Bulldozing terrain did nothing. Getting rid of external stairs did nothing. I can't rotate just the house because of the terrain and it wouldn't rotate anyway, because of the terrain. There are no lots larger than 64x64 so I can't move it elsewhere to fix it. 

Is this simply months and months of work wasted, now? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? I can't tell you how frustrated I am with this, in any words that won't get me in trouble. =( 

Update from another thread: After deleting all of the terrain (and getting over that pain...) I also killed all of the stairs and the pools, and fountains and my soul, and still nothing. 

Update: After trying again, and deleting more of my build, I was finally able to make it work. 

Are tears bad for a keyboard? 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 26 of 27 (1,103 Views)

Re: Lots placing backwards

Hero

Fixed an issue that caused Lots downloaded from The Gallery to be placed backwards and not being able to rotate them to an appropriate view.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 27 (4,697 Views)