[FIXED] Lot types revert to Business/ Incomplete lots on map

by TheWorldOfFae

Original Post

Re: Talent Shows placed on residential lot (previous Lounge)

★★ Guide

* thumps head *  Doh!  I conflated two separate things & complicated matters beyond belief; I am so sorry!

Yes.  It worked this time.  Thank you very much, and my apology for repeatedly. not. following. simple. directions. correctly.  !!!

Message 51 of 61 (1,830 Views)

Re: Talent Shows placed on residential lot (previous Lounge)

Hero
@Tiarella4 As long as it has worked now :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 61 (1,824 Views)

Residential lot marked as Generic lot

★★ Guide

Hi,

The default venues are now marked as Generic lot instead of Residential lot.

0o06ex94ifml.jpg

Message 53 of 61 (1,799 Views)

Re: Residential lot marked as Generic lot

Hero
@NoahLGP Is this on a new or existing save ? And what kind of lots are they supposed to be.

Looks like they're all businesses so it could be the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Lot-types-revert-to-Business-Incomplete-lots-on-map...

Could you test if the workaround works for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 61 (1,784 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict It's an existing save.

I can set again the right type if the household move out.
Message 55 of 61 (1,771 Views)

Hero
@NoahLGP Merging this then. I'm guessing it's the same root cause.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 61 (1,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've got this issue too.  Brand new save.  Replacing the Library, Gym, and Night Club in Willow Creek with residential lots, but they still show as their original lot types. I cannot change it.  If I go into build mode, and check the lot type drop down, it says residential, but when I go back to the map, it's not.  Currently, no one lives in any of them yet, because I haven't figured out how to fix the issue before I move people in.

Edit:  Scratch that, I CAN'T move anyone in, because it's "not" a residential lot.

Edit 2:  Workaround solution - I am able to go into build mode, change it to a generic lot, then exit.  It accepts that change.  Then I can go back into build mode, and change it to Residential, then exit.  It will accept that change as well.  Now they are residential lots.

Message 57 of 61 (1,722 Views)

Lot reverts back to business

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The way to find the bug is the cation icon or or restaurant that has sims living in the place.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once I try to sell the business. The sims disappear and I have to go back to the map and they will reappear but the restaurant icon remains. I can't move the sims out of the household because the glitch.
What do you expect to see? The lot to remain resident unless I change the lot into a restaurant or a business.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 58 of 61 (1,681 Views)

Re: Lot reverts back to business

Hero
@JoeKCarter I merged your post as the pictures look the same as this issue although your description is a bit different.

Could you try the solution in the workaround post ?

I'll split this again should this issue get resolved but yours not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 61 (1,672 Views)

Re: Lot reverts back to business

Hero

Fixed an issue where venue lot types were sometimes not displaying correctly.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

Can even confirm that the broken lots in my old save are fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 61 (11,245 Views)