[FIXED] Lot types revert to Business/ Incomplete lots on map

by TheWorldOfFae

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Residential Lot types revert to business

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this the other day before the patch. I haven't updated my game yet because I'm on vacation. I changed The Shrieking Llama in Windenburg to a residential lot. My celebrity sim was going to plan a Fan Meet & Greet event, and that came up as an option, and said it was still a bar. So I think it's a pre-patch thing.

Message 11 of 61 (2,083 Views)

Re: Sims 4 June 18, 2019 Update Problem

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the exact same issue after the June 18th update. I loaded my previous saves, and suddenly I have residential lots listed as Gyms and Restaurants and Parks. Consequently, I can't move sims into these lots because the game considers them to be community lots. Some of the lots that were changed even have sims already living in them.

Message 12 of 61 (2,014 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Empty (residential) lot as location for date

Hero

@Karababy52  Moved your post over to the thread for that issue.

Think that's what you're seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 61 (1,995 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too, right after I updated the game! For me it's just Willow Creek and Oasis Springs that seem to be affected by this issue.

Message 14 of 61 (1,981 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, this is happening to me too. They're not reverting to the base lots, but to the ones they were before the last change - for example, I used an originally-residental lot as a restaurant a while ago, then changed it back to residental, and now it's marked as a restaurant again despite my sims living there.

Message 15 of 61 (1,971 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've got the same problem.  It's happening on my residential lots being converted to business lots.  & it's also happening on non-residential lots.  I took a screenshot of a Nightclub that is showing

'Restaurant-Incomplete' error.  I think you're spot on, about the lots reverting back to the ones they were before the last change.  This lot used to be a Restaurant before I changed it to a Nightclub. But gosh that was so long ago that I made that change.  It's been a Nightclub for a very long time, so this is a super strange bug. 

Message 16 of 61 (1,963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes, I've been experiencing the exact same thing. My residential lots had all become parks. The way around it was selling the business through the map, going into build mode, changing the lot to a random one, then changing it back to residential. I went back to the main map, and it seemingly fixed itself, I didn't even have to move my family back in either, they were just there when I came back to the map. I hope this helps.

Message 17 of 61 (1,949 Views)

Re: Sims 4 June 18, 2019 Update Problem

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the quick help and the workaround!😀

Message 18 of 61 (1,927 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lot Type changing back to original

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi 

I've managed to do it via the fix but the lots has to be empty via the family moving out on game play mode, not just in the manage worlds mode.

Hope this helps

Message 19 of 61 (1,921 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lot Type changing back to original

Hero
@therhythmicbabe I have no problem just changing the lot type as described on the workaround post.

I can even play the family although it's not showing right. Are you not able to ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 61 (1,919 Views)