Re: [OPEN] Empty (residential) lot as location for date

by dalmansrule

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lot Type changing back to original

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi

Yes I can still play the family although the scouting uniforms are rather jazzy, shiny squares. If I get them to change they are their normalish selves again.

Thanks

Message 21 of 61 (2,139 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lot Type changing back to original

★★ Novice

That's strange, it didn't do the same for me, atleast from what I've seen.

Message 22 of 61 (2,132 Views)

Issue whereby 2 lots have reverted to the type they originally were

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

So after I updated to the June 18th 2019 update, 2 lots in Windenburg have broken; the pool lot in the town and the bar near the estate/lake area. I have changed these lots to residential and moved Sims in, and it's been fine, but once I loaded up my game after updating, they said they were incomplete bars and pools; sims in both households were all at different lots and I couldn't get them to go home. I am using mods however the issue persists after removing the mods. After beginning a new save (minus mods) the issue also does not recur so I don't know if it's a bug. It's ONLY these two lots and nothing else. They also have the option to 'sell business' even though pools and bars can't be businesses; selling them sells the lot and all its contents. The lot is listed as residential in build mode and cannot be changed as the lot is owned - acting like a business. Saving it to my library or the gallery also keeps the residential tag - however it doesn't save to my library even though it says I have - although it will upload to the gallery. After selling the business, it still says incomplete business - but after uploading these to the gallery, I got the pool lot to function again, but not the bar lot.

I have saves if they're needed.

Any input on this would be appreciated!

Message 23 of 61 (2,109 Views)

Re: Issue whereby 2 lots have reverted to the type they originally were

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@LittleGrape24

Probably outdated mods related bug.

It was risky to turn on the game with old mods. Before it, you always should check on the website of these creators of mods, if they will work after the patch.

You can move the mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option - repair game

But I don't think it will fix the already damaged save.

I don't work for EA

Message 24 of 61 (2,096 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah so my issue is similiar but different. My lots are showing as generic with people living on them. But when i go to build mode to change to residential it already says residential..... 

Message 25 of 61 (2,099 Views)

Hero
@dalmansrule Change it to something else, then back to residential

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 61 (2,097 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

But I updated without mods, then updated MCCC (which was the only one that had an update) before running

Btw, I did go into the world without mods (when EA disabled then by default) and the issue was there, so somehow, I don't know if this is a mod issue...

I've followed your steps and no dice - I mean, I've managed to work around it on the pool lot (important to me) so I'm somewhat happy with that..

Message 27 of 61 (2,083 Views)

Hero

@LittleGrape24 

merged your post with bug report.

Try the workaround given in the solution post.

@kreatora for awareness.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 61 (2,076 Views)

★ Apprentice

I doubt that it has to do anything with mods. I have never used any mods or CC and still had this problem.

Message 29 of 61 (2,069 Views)

Re: Sims 4 June 18, 2019 Update Problem

★ Novice

Same here :-(

Message 30 of 61 (2,062 Views)