Re: [OPEN] Lot taxes seem too low

by valohim666

Original Post

★ Guide

My sims has a big house. Two floors and a huge two stories mansion. Lots of cool items.

The bill came to less than 400 simoleons. Paying for your lot is one of the few ways that I can regulate how much wealth a household has. This is not fun!

Haven’t played one of my households in apartments yet but if they pay more it is just bonkers. I will come back and update again.

My sims cat scratched the bed, that cost them 250 simoleons to buy a new one. The bill for the ENTIRE house is on par with a new bed.

Please look at post 11 in this thread. It is not fun hunting for mods just to get a functioning economy.

Message 101 of 114 (1,531 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@valohim666 there are enough possibllitys to reduce the bills. so if you wanna pay less than you have to work for it ingame. if player dont wanna spend simoleons they can use money cheats...
Message 102 of 114 (1,498 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EmeraldLaura wrote:
@valohim666there are enough possibllitys to reduce the bills. so if you wanna pay less than you have to work for it ingame. if player dont wanna spend simoleons they can use money cheats...

Work for it or cheat... so you think cheating is a better choice than giving an option that could let players play in a legitimate way? The beauty of something like a Sims game are the options that it gives to the players to let them play how they want, my suggestion is simply one more way to let players do just that. These games are meant to be played in many different ways, and if you ask me adding in anything that could let people change up how they play is good. Plus it won't hurt how you play in any way, it would be an option, completely optional to change. In fact the default setting can be back to how it was before, you won't even have to do anything, then others could change it if they wanted. Would you be against that, and if so why?

Message 103 of 114 (1,468 Views)

Bills & Utilities Weekly Amount too Low for Property Value

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220 (latest version)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, City Living, Get Together, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I haven't found a way to self-resolve the issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? I go to pay my weekly lot bills, and the amount owed is far lower than it should be for the bills as it simply has the lowest lot tax amount possible, instead of being scaled to the property size and household value.
What do you expect to see? Bills should include the billable household value, which would raise the cost of weekly bills.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug regards weekly bills. I am a rotational player and have found on every lot I play the bills are essentially the same. My main house is worth $379,000 simoleons and on the largest lot in Oasis Springs, and even including the water and power the taxes are never more than $400 a week. I have households whose properties are valued at $17,000 and their bills and utilities are essentially the same.

The bills are supposed to be not only based on the power and water used but also the lot size and the billable value of the property, as I understand it. There is no incentive for my Sims to maintain jobs, or do anything really, since I've been accumulating wealth without having weekly bills to make any dent whatsoever in my Sims' net worth. The file I attached is the weekly bills for a property valued at $379,000. I'm not entirely sure if the new billing system was supposed to reduce overall bills so much, but if bills are still supposed to be a percentage of the billable household value, defined as the value of the furnished lot, plus everything in the household inventory and everything in the inventory of every household sim; it explicitly excludes the household funds. The percentage is 2% for the first §20K of value, then 3% for what exceeds that up to §30K, then 3.5% to §50K, and 5% of anything above that; then there is a bug that makes the game almost unplayable. 

Message 104 of 114 (1,404 Views)

Re: Bills & Utilities Weekly Amount too Low for Property Value

★★ Guide

I also hate this bug. My filthy rich sims who habit a mansion worth over 200,000 simoleons on the largest lot of Brindleton Bay and who are absolutely not trying to conserve water or energy (they have a pool, lots of toilets/bathrooms, air conditioning etc) and make money like 10000 per day, get bills worth only 500-60” simoleons. It’s ridiculous, since my poor af starter households who struggle everyday pay the same amount of bills. Before the update my rich sims payed like 8000 per week of bills, which is much more realistic and brings at least some challenge to the game.

Message 105 of 114 (1,343 Views)

Re: Bills & Utilities Weekly Amount too Low for Property Value

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same issue here,

Got a penthouse worth 1.2 Million simoleons.
Bills for a similiar penthouse used to be 60-90K

since June the bills have been around 300-800 simoleons.

since my family brings it around 200K a week, money has become kinda pointless.

Please fix!

Message 106 of 114 (1,185 Views)

★ Guide

Come on guys, there's been at least 2 mods that fix the problem, one of the replies here tells you EXACTLY how to fix it, and 2 months later still no EA fix?

Message 107 of 114 (1,131 Views)

★★★★ Guide

happy Patch day they say and not even this simple solving issue has been fixed yet..

Message 108 of 114 (1,034 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is strange when the most shabby apartment is more expensive than a big plot ...

Message 109 of 114 (803 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@babajayne You must have already used the Me Too button if it's missing. It gets removed once you use it so you can't use it a second time accidentally. (I'm sorry nobody answered you sooner)
Message 110 of 114 (786 Views)