Re: [OPEN] Lot taxes seem too low

by babajayne

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Grenouille-SanYes! This!

I haven't used mods since Sims 2, but this bug drove me to it. I just put this mod in, and rarely have I shouted with glee to see bills go up, but today I did!
Works beautifully. ^.^

Message 91 of 114 (1,025 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Elecyah make sure not to post mod links in this forum and its wierd they did not fix this in the todays update
Message 92 of 114 (970 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I guess it's okay to post mod links in this thread. ThinkingI wish today's patch had fixed the bills, though.

Message 93 of 114 (961 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@EmeraldLaura They didn't fix the majority of the bugs. The "might" have fixed one, but hey, cheer up!

We got GOLD COLOR ON AN ICON! YAY!
Message 94 of 114 (939 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just make a setting that lets people set their own tax rate, then no one would have any reason to complain about the taxes since they can manually change it. I'm sure there are people that will complain no matter how EA sets the tax rate, so just let players customize it that way if it's not to their liking then it's their own fault lol.

Message 95 of 114 (926 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@valohim666 it was good as it was before Frown only thing we want are realistic payments. again, why did they not made a simple code change and bring it with the update 😩
Message 96 of 114 (918 Views)

★ Guide
@EmeraldLaura I didn't know that was a no-no?
This thread is where I found the link to the mod, and also where the mod maker is linking for credit (They discuss the error in the code earlier.)
I'll edit it out if it's forbidden. Go back a page or two for the original link, if anyone want's the mod.
Message 97 of 114 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

you find this under how this forum works; how to post. 

Screenshot_20200724-161058_Samsung Internet-1.jpg

Edit: even the developer did not link it so dont feel unfair treated, this comes from other forum members who dont read rules and usually i am silent but this time i see mod links everywhere 😅

Message 98 of 114 (876 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EmeraldLaura wrote:
@valohim666it was good as it was before Frown only thing we want are realistic payments. again, why did they not made a simple code change and bring it with the update 😩

More people may want things to go back to how it was, but not everyone is going to because not everyone plays the same way. That's why I feel providing an option to manually set it without mods will please everyone. Why focus on pleasing one part of the player base when they can potentially make everyone happy? Again not everyone is going to want things back as it was before, so with an option you can get your way and then everyone else can too. You're happy, they're happy, problem solved.

Personally, I don't care either way what they do with the taxes. I'm fine with them as they were, and I'm fine with them as they are right now. All I want to see is something that tries to appeal to all players instead of just some of them. Just make it an option, then everyone can set it to however they want. For those of you that like to play out a story, think of the possibilities for incorporating it into something. Your story could be about a family just barely getting by, then taxes get raised and now they're struggling. Could be the other way around too. Could have a poor family struggling, then taxes are lowered and they can live more comfortably now.

Message 99 of 114 (847 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think the “me too” button is missing from the first post. Is that intentional? I think this change was too drastic to be a “feature”, it needs tweaking.

Message 100 of 114 (802 Views)