Re: [UNSURE] Lot taxes seem too low

by EmeraldLaura

Original Post

Same amount of bills for every household

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except eco living,strangervill, my first pet stuff, cool kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Compare bills in different households
What happens when the bug occurs? Regardless of house size the bill is always around 400 which doesn’t make sense for huge homes
What do you expect to see? Bills to reflect house sizes and consumption of water and electricity
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated the the game 5th June 2020

• Product: The Sims 4
    Platform:Mac
    Which language are you playing the game in? English
    How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
    What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1220
    What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except eco living,strangervill, my first pet stuff, cool kitchen
    Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Compare bills in different households
    What happens when the bug occurs? Regardless of house size the bill is always around 400 which doesn’t make sense for huge homes
    What do you expect to see? Bills to reflect house sizes
    Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
    Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
    Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated the the game 5th June 2020

Message 21 of 114 (1,796 Views)

Re: Same amount of bills for every household

Hero
@jasminewessien Merging this with the low taxes thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 114 (1,790 Views)

★ Apprentice
@daniellepage12 I had the same issue where right after the 24 hour notice my power was shut off. It also seemed like bills were delivered twice in one week but I'm not sure what the days were.
Message 23 of 114 (1,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

from day to day i feel more sorry for EA programmers. i know they may have difficult Times in home office or something else... but this expansion pack brought so MANY serious bugs that make the game so unplayable. i really dont want to be annoyed just hoping they catch up as soon as possible all these gamebreaking issues

btw i too have 300simoleons basic price for a 40k house

Message 24 of 114 (1,656 Views)

★ Guide

Before the patch, my bills for my mansion were at over 40k, now they were at 823.

The Lot Taxes were only 300 simoleons despite the mansion is worth over 1 million simoleons.

Message 25 of 114 (1,630 Views)

★★★ Guide

Why are people complaining about this?

For years lots have had unrealistic taxes attached to them, they lower it and folks complain.

EA/Maxis - do not fix this, it is fine as it is.

Message 26 of 114 (1,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@troshalomFirst of all, they didn't 'lower' it, it's a bug. An annoying bug where every single house only pays $300 in bills. How realistic is it to live in a mansion and only pay $300?

So no, it's not fine and EA, please fix this ASAP, as it ruins my enjoyment of the game. Thanks.

Message 27 of 114 (1,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@troshalom It removes any remaining challenge related to money from the game. 

The way it is now with the bug is very unrealistic as my sims can earn tens of thousands for the week, live in a huge-**** mansion and only have to spend a paltry $300. There's no way to create a situation where someone struggles "paycheck to paycheck" (which is quite realistic) anymore. None of my sims will ever see the newly-added Repoman due to a true lack of funds.

Message 28 of 114 (1,570 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lot taxes seem too low

★★ Apprentice

First day playing with the new Billing System i'm also seeing my Sims being Billed twice despite just paying it, my sim currently living on the Park payed 45 simoleons for his empty Lot and he payed it, went back to the park and next Sim Day he was Billed another 45 Simoleons.

Message 29 of 114 (1,531 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@troshalom as @Pegasyms said and there are many gamer that like to play very realistic and without any money cheats like me, and this breaks the gameplay. i like to see how my sims handle their life with less money from the start and building up their base from time to time. and for this realistic and sometimes high bills belong to this
Message 30 of 114 (1,518 Views)