[FIXED] Lost save games

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Lost save games - Please post here

★ Novice

I'll add my experiences:

I played Sims 4 for several hours on the first day I purchased the game. I used the auto-save and also manually saved myself. The next day I logged in to play and my game wasn't there. I decided that I had done something wrong as it was my first day and just moved on.

Two days later a similar thing happened, my game loaded from an earlier version. Again, I decided to give the game the benefit of the doubt. 

Yesterday, I had been playing for hours. I continued to save throughout my game play. I remember last saving at 16:48. At 19:05 I logged back on to play. I clicked to load the game. No save file from 16:48. I went to the saves folder and every slot was overwritten as 19:05.

I love the Sims. I accept bugs like demon babies and levitating chimneys but a save bug? I can't believe it. I am going to contact EA and see when this can be fixed. If not, I will ask for a refund. People give me all kinds of advice about cache and backing up but they are missing the point. This cost 70 euros. Saving is a feature that without a doubt should work.

Message 81 of 142 (601 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • How many files do you have in the folder docuements\electronicarts\thesims4\saves (not subfolder, not sure what they are there for) ? 14
  • Are all the save games faulty? I don't know? They don't seem to be, I opened the first when I went in to play the game and got the shock of my life...
  • Are you using save/save as or mostly autosave ? I use "save" and "save as". Mostly save.
  • Anything else you want to share. What happened: I bought the game on Wednesday, immediately started playing, I've a lot of hours clocked up at this stage (naturally). Logged on today after dinner and all my efforts from yesterday and earlier today had vanished. THREE DAYS worth of saves have disappeared, it's now only showing saves from the 12th. I'm obviously extremely upset and irritated by this, I had progressed A LOT with my family at this stage, past two generations, and I don't want to go back and do that all again. Seriously considering returning it while I can. This is ridiculous, I'm utterly disappointed with EA and feel fooled that I believed this game was released fully finished, as a contrast to Sims 3.

Goddammit, EA.

Message 82 of 142 (591 Views)

Hero

Thanks all

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 142 (586 Views)

Lost all progress in Sims 4

★ Newbie

Hey guys HOPEFULLY you can help me with this.  I played The Sims 4 earlier today and it loaded up just fine, but as of ten minutes or so ago, I opened the game back up and all of my previously saved progress for the past two weeks is completely gone.  Not even my househol is in their or saved pictures in the gallary, it is like I just started the game again.

Is there something I can do to get all my progress back again? If so, what? I am more than happy to listen to all of your guy's suggestions and help.

If I cannot get my progress back, is there something I can do to prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks so much for reading!

Message 84 of 142 (584 Views)

Re: Lost all progress in Sims 4

Hero

@wolfgal96 Merged you with existing thread on the issue.

There's some tips on the first page. EA is looking into this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 142 (568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here.

Although my saves file is right there and Origin shows me played 54hours, the game didn't load the saves and ask me to create a new one just like a newly installed game.

Generally, I use "save" before quit game without saving but the last time I used "save as". It was correctly saved but everthing reset today.

• How many files do you have in the folder docuements\electronicarts\thesims4\saves (not subfolder, not sure what they are there for) ? 11

Slot_00000001.save (1KB), 

Slot_00000001.save.ver0~ver3 (1KB each) 

Slot_00000001.save.ver4 (2674KB)

Slot_00000002.save.ver0 (2674KB)

Slot_00000002.save.ver1 (2650KB)

Slot_00000002.save.ver2 (2642KB)

Slot_00000002.save.ver3 (2617KB)

Slot_00000002.save.ver4 (2617KB)

• Are all the save games faulty ? I don't think so
  • Are you using save/save as or mostly autosave ? "Save", but the last time used "save as"
  • Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) ?   Never
  • Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?   No
  • What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ?  XP Pro
  • Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?    Download
Message 86 of 142 (555 Views)

★★ Novice

I lost all my saves today after patching Origin. There was only the 'SerialGuid' folder in the 'saves' folder. Also all my sims were gone. Luckily I had made back up copies of both of the folders.

• Are all the save games faulty ? No.
  • Are you using save/save as or mostly autosave ? I always use 'save as'.
  • Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) ?   Yes.
  • Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?   Yes.
  • What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ?  WIN 7
  • Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?    Download
Message 87 of 142 (549 Views)

Sims 4 saved games not coming up

★★★★ Novice

I went to go play sims 4 (been playing for 36 hours) and all of my saved games were gone. They are still showing up in the folder on my computer, but they are gone on the game.

I can't help but be very angry. I spent $80 on this game and it can't even save the games correctly?

What do I do to get my families back?

Message 88 of 142 (523 Views)

Hero

Thanks all.

Unfortunately there isn't much I can do to help with this issue but the more info the better.

I encourage everyone to backup their stuff.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 142 (527 Views)

Re: Sims 4 saved games not coming up

★★ Novice

I can see the titles of the games, but can't figure out how to access a saved game to restore it.  I can only play the latest saved game.  Anyone know the solution to this?

Message 90 of 142 (509 Views)