Re: [INFO REQUEST] Lost save games - Please post here

by shadesoftracy

Original Post

Re: [INFO] Lost save games - SHOULD BE FIXED NOW

Hero

Ver0-4 ARE older saves so you might need to replay some of it.

Not sure what else to suggest

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 131 of 142 (839 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

Slight problem here: whenever I click on the "play button", I keep being send to the create-a-sim mode. It also doesn't have a floppy-disk load-thing that everyone keeps referring too. It worked fine for one day, until this morning.

It sees the Sims I've created in "my library" but I can't open the household. It doesn't matter whether I use the option "Save As" or whether just "Save". I do see saved files in my save folder, but I can't open anything?

Message 132 of 142 (796 Views)

★ Novice

And just to give some info:

- I've tried emptying the cache folders/saved games

- I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game

- I've checked for driver updates

- I've had contact with tech support who said it was a driver update, then she (or he) gave me the wrong driver update, checked with my Intel Driver Utility thing and had the latest update of the driver, but then she was already back offline

- I've tried using just "save as" and I've tried using "save". In both cases, every time I open the Sims the only option to start a game is to press the big play button below, and I am send to the create-a-sim thing. I can't load a game I've previously played. I can only see the sims I've created in the library.

Message 133 of 142 (792 Views)

Hero

Did you try getting rid of the autosave (slot00001) ? Best to just move it to the desktop

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 134 of 142 (786 Views)

★ Novice
  • Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) ?   Yes, move object for the Animal Crossings Challenge.  NOTE:  Lost other saves prior to downloading the mod.
  • Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?   No
  • What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ?   Windows 8.1
  • Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?    Deluxe Download Ed. Origin

I have lost several saved games.  Only 4 households appear in the Load Game list.  However there appear to be at least 8 saves on my system.

I have set Origin and TS4 to run as administrator.  Hopefully that will resolve the problem in the future.  However, I want my other 4 households back.  I have accomplished aspirations and skill levels that were extremely time intensive.

Suggestions?

Message 135 of 142 (780 Views)

Hero

Did you try removing the file with the slot00001 and then test each slot number on it's own if it shows up to see which one doesn't work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 136 of 142 (777 Views)

★★ Novice

I believe I may be having this same issue?  I'm not certain, but still a bug regardless.

I was working on building a house in an empty lot on Sunday and Monday.  On Suday the lot originally had a pre-made house with a NPC, which was bulldozed.  I typically use the actual Save function, but I think this time I depended on the auto-save when exiting the game on both Sunday and Monday (since I was only building and not playing with any sims.)

When I tried to continue working on that lot this morning, the custom lot appears to have never existed.  The original pre-made house is in the lot with the NPC that used to live there.  Nothing else in the neighborhood looks out of place and seems to be at the same state as when I started creating my custom lot on Sunday.

Per the suggestions in this thread and another thread on missing saves, I decided to play around with my save files.  I had one autosave from this morning.  I only have one non-auto save from 9:21 PM last night which was the time I exited the game.  I tried replacing the Slot_00000002.save with ver0 and ver4, but the custom lot is not there.  If this was just one day worth of playtime I would assume I just screwed up and didn't save it properly, but the fact that I was able to load this yesterday morning and not today makes no sense to me.

Message 137 of 142 (768 Views)

Hero

Sounds weird.

Was this before or after the patch (yesterday)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 138 of 142 (756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know how to get your game save you lost back! 

Look at all those files in your save folder, they say something like "save.ver4" (or save.ver1 or 2 or 3 etc)

Click any of those files and select the option to rename it, 

literally take off the "ver4" part, so that it leaves just "save." at the end of the file.

you'll notice that the file type changes to a SAVE file.

Start up sims and it should be there to load!

Message 139 of 142 (562 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I HAVE MORE FILES THAN THAT in my folder and I have been having problems with the get to work part ... lots were missing .. police station .. science place .. and I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING to fix .. even uninstalling and putting it back .. the games without my saves are playing correctly but when I put the sAVES BACK its doing it again .. should I delete the saves that arent listed in the list you posted .. I have one thats like this slot_0000000 Football.saves any help will be appreciated .. ty

Message 140 of 142 (488 Views)