Re: [INFO REQUEST] Lost save games - Please post here

by Maluilka

Original Post

Two people in this topic suggest that Save and Exit is a problem: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782027/the-saving

Sul sul from Luth!
No, I don't work for EA. Just here as a volunteer for non-DM support.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods and CC?
Message 31 of 142 (884 Views)

I don't know if this qualifies here but since no one responded to my post last night I will post it here.  I know some people are missing saves but after days of playing and returning to a lot has anyone had several lots just vanish and reset?  I've started a tech ticket with EA as this kind of bug is a deal breaker for me.

• How many files do you have in the folder docuements\electronicarts\thesims4\saves (not subfolder, not sure what they are there for)? 18 Files
  • Are all the save games faulty? Um, no idea...my sims are just missing entirely, lots and all.  I have one family left and a new one I just created.
  • Are you using save/save as or mostly autosave? I mostly use save manually at periodic intervals, and then save and exit when I am done playing.

Original post below:

So, the original two families I was playing are simply gone.  They were in the Daisy Hovel neighborhood in Willow Creek.  They are still in my gallery as unplayed, but I had hours of play time and upgrades to their houses, children, and so one...all gone.  There wasn't an error or any kind of warning, I just loaded up the map to pick a house to play and realized their entire section of the neighborhood has reset.   I am not sure if there is any way to recover the progress...

I have one other family left that I was actively playing and a new family I downloaded from the community, both the household and the lot.  I am not sure if downloading from the community triggered the problem or not.

I've looked through the bug list but did not see this issue and am not sure if I missed it or if anyone else has had this happen?  I don't have any mods or hacks, I have the deluxe DL version of the game from Origin.

Ugh, this is such a let down.  I am not sure if I want to continue playing if I will lose all my progress without warning. D:

Message 32 of 142 (877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seems this is a rather serious and wide spread issue.

Please everyone provide as much info as possible.

• How many files do you have in the folder docuements\electronicarts\thesims4\saves  - 6 referencing my last save point at 21:53
  • Are all the save games faulty ? - all seem to go back to the last time it seemingly saved correctly at 14:51
  • Are you using save/save as or mostly autosave ? - Used save then exit and selected save when exiting.
  • Anything else you want to share - This game is a massive rush job.  Should not have been released.  and is not worth half of the crazy money that origin charge for it.
Message 33 of 142 (866 Views)

Hero

Try save as under a new name for now and backup your stuff regularly.

Seems to help a few people.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 142 (855 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem constantly. I'll start a new game everytime (happened about 5 times now), save my games regularly, start up the Sims 4 and there will be zero games to load. Very frustrating as I have to keep starting new games.

• I have 11 files in the folder docuements\electronicarts\thesims4\saves
  • Are all the save games faulty ? Yes
  • Are you using save/save as or mostly autosave ? Save

Might be a connection between quitting and saving when I quit versus quitting and not saving. Not using any mods or custom content.

Message 35 of 142 (851 Views)

★★★ Novice

How many files do you have in the folder docuements\electronicarts\thesims4\saves (not subfolder, not sure what they are there for) ?

- Two files, not counting the '.verx' ones

Are all the save games faulty ?

- All show up in the load game option

Are you using save/save as or mostly autosave ?

- I use Save

Anything else you want to share

- The thing is, there are no save files from yesterday at all (september 7th) even though I DID click the save button before quitting (I never save & quit). The only explanation I can think of is that I quit the game before it saved properly. You guys should REALLY add a Save Complete message, ASAP!! 

Another info: I only created one family until now (one save only), never used the autosave feature, I actually don't even know HOW it autosaves. Yesterday I moved them to a larger lot where I built a two store house for family expansion. uxu I lost it all... ALL the hours I spent yesterday are GONE. Gosh I'm so cross. 

Message 36 of 142 (845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My saved game from yesterday is missing.  I started up what I thought was it today and quickly realized I am missing about 6 or more hours of game play.   The file has now been overwritten by the game I started up even though I didn't save.  It had yesterday's date on it and the approximate time I saved.   I also had an Auto Save from the same game with an earlier time stamp which seemed to be the previous save.   It seems like they were the same game with different time stamps. I wish I had payed more attention.   I will be watching like a hawk now!

• How many files do you have in the folder docuements\electronicarts\thesims4\saves (not subfolder, not sure what they are there for) ?  21 files
  • Are all the save games faulty ?  Not sure.  I haven't played all of them since I noticed my saved game was gone, but they don't seem to be at this point.  However yesterday I was starting to get some sims 'stuck' in actions so had to reset them which seemed to work.
  • Are you using save/save as or mostly autosave ?  I have been using both.   When I exited yesterday, I saved.  Then I used the save and exit option just to be sure it saved  Confusedmileyfrustrated:
  • Anything else you want to share - I am using Windows 7 and downloaded the game from Origin.   I do seem to have a problem keeping connected to Origin when I first open the game.  Not sure if that matters.  I have no mods or custom content. 

I just checked my other game and it also disappeared and only has the very beginning where I added the family to the lot.   After I started that one and went back in I only had one save from the other game instead of two.   So I started each game again and made several Save As games.  This seems to be helping.   I exited without saving and started up again and they are still there.

Message 37 of 142 (824 Views)

Hero

Thanks for all the reports.

Any info is useful so please keep them coming.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 142 (808 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Have the same issue with losing game progress because of new saves missing. This is really frustrating.

• How many files do you have in the folder docuements\electronicarts\thesims4\saves (not subfolder, not sure what they are there for) ?  12 files
  • Are all the save games faulty ?  I checked almost all of them. They work, but miss hours' playing.
  • Are you using save/save as or mostly autosave ? Only manual "Save", no "Save as...:, no "Save on exit" (well, originally I thought that "Save on exit" didn't work properly and stopped using it).
  • Anything else you want to share -  Windows 7, Origin Standard Edition, 2 mods: moxiemason_nomosaic_06092014.package and VNM-SimSpawner-Over5000EnglishNamesForAll.package (My version of the game is Russian). One thing worth noting: yesterday I noticed that In-Game-Origin got bugged and Origin itself did not close properly 2 or 3 times. I've switched it off now and will look how it works.
Message 39 of 142 (801 Views)

★★ Novice

Didn't experience any problems with saving or loading saved games, BUT all save games were erased after the game patched itself. Frown

Message 40 of 142 (793 Views)