Re: Lost Saved Games

by yxkillz

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Lost save games - Please post here

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have trouble saving.

1. When I try to save the whole screen goes scrambled (not pixeled, I bought the Premium Version)

2. Today when saving my game froze and wouldn't defreeze so I had to restart my computer cause it was nonresponsive. When I opened the game again, the whole house I've been working on all day had been gone, even previous saves! It was as if I had never did anything on that lot.

I'm really annoyed with this. It was a gorgeous house.

• How many files do you have in the folder docuements\electronicarts\thesims4\saves (not subfolder, not sure what they are there for) ?
    - 9 files (and 2 subfolders)

• Are all the save games faulty ?
    - The only save game I had is faulty.

• Are you using save/save as or mostly autosave ?
    - I was using 'save' not save as, sometimes autosave (save on exit). But when it crashed I used 'save'.
Message 21 of 142 (1,195 Views)

Lost Saved Games

★★★ Newbie

I used Exit > Save and Exit to leave my game and now it does not recognize my saved game. I am running windows 7 and have had no issues using Save > Exit Game > Exit Game. The saved games are, obviously, still on my computer it just won't route to them. 

Message 22 of 142 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello,

I am having a problem with auto save.

I have only played one game so far. I noticed that every time I go to load my game the auto save time is the same as the time that I manually saved and then exited the game. No problem with this and thought perhaps it's because the game auto saves on exit.
However, my game then crashed after about an hour and a half of play. I hadn't manually saved. Upon restarting it my progress had been lost - there was a manual save for the time i had last saved (which was from my session before this) and the auto had the same time. So basically I'd lost my hour and a half of game play as there had been no auto save during it.
Message 23 of 142 (1,173 Views)

Re: Lost Saved Games

★★★★★ Novice

There is a thread on this problem. Could you post all the details you have on this problem over there? thanks

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFO-REQUEST-Lost-save-games-Please-post-here/m-p/34...

Message 24 of 142 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this exact same issue as well. I played a game for like 12+ hours, and used 'Save' not 'Save As' - I've gone to play again this morning and now it's as though I've never played the game before, started all the way from the beginning - no option to load any saved games etc. It just takes me straight to CAS when I press play. Plus my game on Origin says I only have 1 hour of game time... what the?

Does anyone know how I can get my game back? I dont even want to play again because I am assuming if I make another family, the same thing will happen again so why bother playing...

In my save folder it looks like this:

Slot_00000001.save

Slot_00000001.save.ver0

Slot_00000001.save.ver1

Slot_00000001.save.ver2

Slot_00000001.save.ver3

Slot_00000001.save.ver4

Slot_00000002.save

Slot_00000002.save.ver0

Slot_00000002.save.ver2

Slot_00000002.save.ver3

Slot_00000002.save.ver4

Helppp I'm devo Confusedmileysad:

Message 25 of 142 (1,158 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this problem too! it keeps saying to update, but there is nothing to update! I'm getting so fustrated and it also deleted all my previous games.

Message 26 of 142 (1,152 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi!

When I open my game there is no option to load the saves! But the files are in the folder like they were before.

• How many files do you have ? - I have 10 files in the save folder, never touched them.
  • Are all the save games faulty ? - guess yes
  • Are you using save/save as or mostly autosave ? - quit and save
  • Anything else you want to share - already said
Message 27 of 142 (1,142 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok so I read and din't see if this is mentioned, but my auto saves mess up even though the time stamped on them is the same as when i manually save they are always a few sims days behind. Also my game closes to descktop but keeps playing. I think it happens when auto save happens but can't be certain. 

Message 28 of 142 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • How many files do you have in the folder docuements\electronicarts\thesims4\saves (not subfolder, not sure what they are there for) ?

http://imgur.com/q3bLanA

You can see how some of them have just been modified, even if I can't load them.

Some days ago I lost one, now I've lost ALL of them.

I used to Save and then Exit and Save.

• Anything else you want to share

Windows 7

:-( .........

Message 29 of 142 (997 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I always use Save As. None of my saves are faulty. The weird thing is that even if I play for hours, the only "autosave" that ever shows when I start the game and pull up the Saved Games to load, appears to be an autosave that happens when I exit the game (after I have done my "Save as").

Save as when I start a new session, Save as at intervals during play, Save as before I exit. (I never "save and exit" together).

• Anything else you want to share

My puzzlement is that there is only the one autosave showing on the load menu. I thought there were supposed to be autosaves all along, at intervals as you play. My saves folder indicates there might be more there, but I have no clue how I would access them in-game if I ever needed to.

Message 30 of 142 (991 Views)