[FIXED] Losing household collectibles and crafted items after move

by Faltion

Original Post

Re: Losing household collectibles and crafted items after move

★★★★★ Apprentice

No, I don't think it is. Last night I moved a family to test it out because I have mostly been just picking a large lot and staying on it, and everything worked as it it should. So, I guess this was fixed. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 11 of 14 (10,704 Views)

Hero

OK, trying to get info from the other two posters in this thread

@Faltion @khynnea 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 14 (678 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've just had a similar issue. Luckily, I always make a backup file before I move. 

The scenario:

I completed the $1,000,000 scenario and decided to move. I saved the file and then created a "move" file before I put anything in inventory. 

Put all of the things I wanted to keep in the household inventory and then moved to another house. 

Found I was missing some things, so I went back to my original file. 

Here's some of the things I found I was missing:

1. My chest of things (like harvestables)
  2. My graduation photo (I had my degrees, but not the photo)
  3. My 8 Money trees!!!

I'll keep these two files intact if needed. Let me know!

I'm playing on Mac. No custom content or mods. Both houses were from the Sims Game itself. 

Message 13 of 14 (230 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @TantienHime,

Could you pop this into a new bug report please? This report was opened in 2015 and a fix released that addressed it. If it's cropped back up, it's likely something else that's caused it and a new thread will help separate the old from the new easier.

I'll close this out here in the meantime to limit bumping this older report.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 14 of 14 (220 Views)