[FIXED] Losing household collectibles and crafted items after move

by Faltion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Losing household collectibles and crafted items after move

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I moved my sims household from one plot to another and noticed all collectibles (mysims, elements, frog) and crafted items vanished (wood worked items). I reloaded to a backup save and moved all the items into my household inventory and moved my household again. The items stayed into the household inventory but if placed on the plot instantly vanished. I noticed this also happened with the unlocked item for having a perfect date.

Another issue i've had is with trying to place excellent wooden bathtubs crafted from the woodworking bench. Trying to place it in the world causes a red popup to appear with the text of failed script. Placing a good quality wooden bathtub doesn't give this error.

Message 1 of 14 (12,498 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Losing household collectibles and crafted items after move

★★★★★ Apprentice

No, I don't think it is. Last night I moved a family to test it out because I have mostly been just picking a large lot and staying on it, and everything worked as it it should. So, I guess this was fixed. Confusedmileyhappy:

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (10,869 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

When I had to move my house to library and bulldoze my lot (to get rid of puddles) and put the house back, I had to put goods into home inventory and personal inventory to keep them also. They would be lost if left in the house.

When I attempted to REdecorate the home I observed that the items went from the wall I tried to put them on (sim-painted paintings) automatically back to the place I had them before -- eg, the wall behind me. Sometimes they would teleport to mid air. 

Go back to your old lot and see if your things are there. I'm somewhat curious if they tried to relocate to where they used to be...

Message 2 of 14 (12,484 Views)

Hero

But they were not in your inventory but placed on your lot ? I don't think you have an option to take your furniture as you did in Sims 3 so I think it should be logical to stay behind if you leave it at the house

Or are you saying it's gone from the house as well after moving ?

Second one has been reported. Not sure if there's a thread to me too. Check the complled list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (12,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I suppose to clarify a little better. If I move my sims to another lot and choose the retain my furniture option then the collectibles and such go into the household inventory and are placeable.

What I was trying to do was move my house to another lot so I'd have more space. So I saved it in the library, and put all my collectibles and such that I didn't want to lose into my household inventory. I placed the house I saved from the library on the plot and move in my sims, the collectibles are missing as expected, but if I take a collectible from my inventory and place it on the new plot it just vanishes, although it can be returned with undo.

Message 4 of 14 (12,483 Views)

★ Guide

The reason that I asked the question I asked, poorly asked it might have been is this: 

I did something similar. I put my house in the library and moved it to a lot (the same lot, due to the puddle problem outdoors). 

When I put things out of my inventory on to the walls, they did not go where I placed them. I reported this on the oooold bug thread -- the items instead teleported behind me to where they had been BEFORE I put them into the inventory. In other words, they remembered where they had last been in the game and went there when they came out of inventory (all but 1 or 2 that went weird places, only 1 went where i tried to put it).

The reason I asked if you saw these items at your OLD lot location is because I was wondering if they tried to return to the original location. Now if your house was no longer there, and the walls etc were not there maybe they couldn't, but I don't know if code-wise the objects "hanging" on a wall are associated to a wall so much as an x/y/z position with rotations. 

MY position is that when you took the items out of your inventory they did try to go somewhere, just not where you put them. I don't know how pervasive this problem is, but when I read your description of your issue I decided entirely against relocating to another lot. Nothing is larger than 20x30 anyways unless I move into an existing home.

Message 5 of 14 (12,476 Views)

Hero

OK. Thanks for clarifying. 

I haven't moved yet so I was unsure if the option was availble.

I've added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (12,473 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just wanted to report that after moving my family to another house, when I tried to set down the furniture it all disappeared. I had to undo and put it back down then it would show up. Not sure if this is the same bug you all are talking about but it sounds similiar.

Message 7 of 14 (12,341 Views)

Hero

So placing one furniture made other furniture dissapear too or did you place one by one and each time that items disspeared ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (12,339 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Placing down my furniture from the household inventory onto the new empty house made my furniture disappear. Here are the details: I moved my house from one lot to another so they would be on a bigger lot. I put some of the furniture in my household inventory because I planned to buy the new house with the furniture and just wanted to bring along a couple of new pieces that I had recently bought for the family.

When I moved, I could not afford the house furnished even if I sold my furniture but for some reason I could buy it unfurnished and chose to keep my furniture so that is what I chose to do. All of my furniture was in my household inventory so I proceeded to put it all down in the empty house.

I would place down the couch and it would disappear. Then I would hit the undo button and it would appear again in the household inventory. Then when I set it down again, it would be okay and be there. I had to do this for every item in the house. It didn't seem to matter if I was placing the furniture in the same spot it was in before or a different spot, it still disappeared when first placed.

Now, here is something interesting. While doing this, I tried putting the plants in the ground outside that I had also saved so they would have their garden. When putting the plants on the ground they would also disappear and I would have to undo, then place them again and they would be there. BUT if I put them in the planter straight away, they would not disappear. Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 14 (12,335 Views)

Hero

@Glimmer50 Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (12,065 Views)