[FIXED] Long Life Span: Sims have days added on entering live mode

by absadot

Original Post

Sims age changed by patch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything except Journey to Batuu. I have several kits as well: Blooming Rooms, Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen, Decor to the Max, and Little Campers
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I noticed it after loading a family I was playing before today's patch. I assume you'd need to do the same, create a family, play them for awhile, then patch the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon loading the game all of my Sims were suddenly ready to age up when they should all be days to weeks away from aging up. I immediately exited after they started to age up and when I reloaded their age had mostly been corrected. (They're all a few days older than they were pre-patch, based on where their birthdays are showing in the calendar)
What do you expect to see? I expect them to retain their age following a patch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It occurred following today's (July 27, 2022) patch.

I have no additional information to provide. All of my played Sims are older than they were before the patch. When I first loaded the game they were all ready to age up, and did so. I had not entered CAS (just to be clear the issue I am reporting is different but similar to the one where they age up after entering CAS)

Message 21 of 318 (1,463 Views)

Re: Old bug is back: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim

Hero
@thestarrsimmer @hellobetsy What age span are you guys playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 318 (1,554 Views)

Re: Sims age changed by patch

★★★★ Novice

Load my game, all sims age up even though i'm playing long and all had a long way to go

Message 23 of 318 (1,467 Views)

Re: Mc command center not showing up at all after today's update "July 26th

★★★ Novice

Not only that but a Sim I made yesterday for my bf to play with aged up and I can't age him back.  Why?  I reinstalled the MC Command and it didn't work.  Please EA, don't tell me to offload the mods into a new folder and load them in one by one again.  Just stop making us update when we're  not interested in the new packs, sorry.

Message 24 of 318 (1,405 Views)

★★★ Guide

Noticed the same thing (sims aging up after entering and leaving CAS) and I'm playing on long lifespan.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 2/2 times in my testing
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for most of the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter and leave CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim ages up.
What do you expect to see? No aging up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes after patch 1.90.358.1030

Message 25 of 318 (1,527 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Playing on normal lifespan, I cannot reproduce this so far. I went to CAS several times, quit the game and reloaded it, changed households, went to Manage Worlds - nothing. Lifespan days of all Sims remain stable.
Message 26 of 318 (1,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? after loading the game saved after patch or resuming, going into cas. Have not tried loading other households.
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs and kits other then High school.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I found that it accurse in even when resuming a save after the patch even if I don't enter cas, it occurred after resuming the game after exiting when save as to keep the before patch game safe.
What happens when the bug occurs?  Sims are showing as ready to age, have the age up action queued even while in school..
What do you expect to see? ages to be where they are supposed to be with no early growing up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? no, removed for patch.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? after todays patch (07/26)

I play on long lifespan. I tested it and it seems to be only effecting long lifespan as I loaded the old save before the patch from last night, changed to normal lifespan before loading the house, went into cas and saved as and resumed and ages did not change to ready to age up. Changed back to long, saved as and it went back to ready to age up some of the sims but not all as it seemed to depend who went into cas. first sim that went into cas didn't get it originally it was the two kids in school and the one that was forced home early from work that had the aging up action queued, the mother was 2 days away from her birthday but the two girls are not even the same age but both had the bubbles they were ready to age up. had the wife go to cas and then the dad and new born both changed to ready to age or about to age (baby showed next day on calendar) but the dad had his birthday two sim days before.

Also adding I turned aging off in long lifespan and it still did the bubbles after reloading/cas.

Message 27 of 318 (1,481 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@alanmichael1 And here we go: Changing to long lifespan triggers the bug immediately (after CAS). So that's the culprit.
Message 28 of 318 (1,481 Views)

★★ Novice

It was either normal or long lifespan, but I had aging turned off completely.

Message 29 of 318 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Pro
@alanmichael1 agree, I don’t get this bug with my test sims if I have aging normal and aging off. It seems a problem with long lifespan.
Message 30 of 318 (1,479 Views)