Original Post

Re: All sims in household age up after accessing CAS

★★★★★ Novice

I have 4 children, 2 young adults, and an elder playing on long life span

Message 11 of 318 (4,505 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi ! I play on long lifespan Standard smile 

Also, here is the bug report thread if it helps..

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Everytime
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu (and High School years)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? back from CAAS my Sims age up (either through a dresser, mirror or favourites from the simology panel)
What happens when the bug occurs? my sims age up or gain more days lived
What do you expect to see? my sims to remain the same age!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? no
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? after the latest patch (July 26th, 2022)

Message 12 of 318 (2,312 Views)

Re: Sim instantly aged up!

Champion

@LlamaOMama , not a mod issue  because I don't use mods.  Here is the Bug Report Re: Old bug is back: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim - Answer HQ
Click Me Too and add your info in a reply! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 318 (1,826 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue. Playing on long lifespan

Product
: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
How often does the bug occur? every time load a household, switch to a different household, move household. 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and I think all the stuff packs. Also bust the dust kid.  
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? switch households, or move household 
What happens when the bug occurs? all sims in the household age up. 
What do you expect to see? no aging up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? no
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? yes, the latest patch. 

Message 14 of 318 (2,245 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrictI'm playing on long lifespan

Message 15 of 318 (2,219 Views)

Re: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim (Patch 1.90)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Which language are you playing the game in? Englisch
How often does the bug occur? 100% after CAS 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a new sims 4 folder -> create a Sim -> set aging long -> go in CAS and edit sim
What happens when the bug occurs? sims get addition days for her age and age up because of this (or get a full age bar with aging off)
What do you expect to see? No addition aging after leaving CAS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Patch 1.90.358.1030

Yeah, self with a new folder and save you got this bug. All settings are default vanilla – aging I set it on long and disable it after.

State after creating family

AfterCreating.jpg

After first time in CAS

FirstTimeCAS.jpg

And again ...

TwoCAS.jpg

Both will now instantly age up if I toggle aging on.

Message 16 of 318 (2,221 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm I'm seeing this too. 

How often does the bug occur? Everytime
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game packs and stuff packs. Most kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a sim into CAS and then exit. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Your sims age after you leave CAS.
What do you expect to see? My sims to not age.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now, I removed them before the update
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After the July 26 game update

Note I am playing on a long lifespan in a new save I started since the game update. I took screenshots of my sims' ages before I took them into CAS:

No description available.No description available.No description available.

Here are their ages after they came out of CAS:

No description available.No description available.No description available.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 17 of 318 (2,215 Views)

Re: Old bug is back: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue since a few hours/minutes now...

Which language are you playing the game in? Dutch I believe
How often does the bug occur? Almost instantly when I open the game. And a few minutes in the game it occurs again
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Too many to sum up. Almost every expansion pack, almost none Game packs or accessories pack 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You will probably find out yourself when you just play the game. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims stops with what he or she is doing and celebrate his or her birthday.. If old, they simply die.. wherever they are
What do you expect to see? No randomly aging when starting the game/when lifespan is long. Simply no aging if I don't initiate it. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I believe not
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. After today's update. (26/07)

Lifespan is long & before the update I didn't have any issues. 

Message 18 of 318 (2,207 Views)

Re: Old bug is back: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim

★★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? 

English

How often does the bug occur? 

Everytime I load the game.

What is your current game version number? 

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 

Cottage Living, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Journey to Batuu, Dine Out, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 

Load a household, exit the lot and return. Also by changing to a different household.

What happens when the bug occurs? 

Every sim in the game ages up at once, not just the household i'm playing. Elders die, and other sims die because of the Neighborhood stories feature.

What do you expect to see? 

I expect to be able to play my game without losing the sims i've worked so hard on dying too early.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?

I have custom content, but this bug happens with or without mods activated.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The issue happened after the update earlier today 7/26/2022

Message 19 of 318 (2,191 Views)

Re: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim (Patch 1.90)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Also had this issue but without leaving any lots/all Sims on the same lot. Loaded a saved game, immediately went into CAS, exited CAS and both Sims in the household queued the "age up" action. Both of them were together on the same lot.

Platform: PC / Windows
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Not sure, exited out without saving after I noticed the problem (so only once I guess)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except High School, Cottage, Get to Work (EPs), Wedding, Batuu, Dine Out (GPs), Fitness, Bowling, Spooky, Patio, Luxury (SPs). I have the kits Moonlight, Blooming, Kitchen, and Carnival.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load a saved household, enter CAS immediately, exit CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims in the household queue the "age up" action.
What do you expect to see? The sims age up unprompted; they'll stop what they're already doing to do it. Misinterpreted this question; I actually expect them to not do this in normal gameplay!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, after the 7/26/2022 patch, patch 1.90

Message 20 of 318 (2,151 Views)