Re: Sims lifespan timer keeps doubling

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: ALL PETS DYING

★ Guide
@Neabee If your life span is set on long or short, these options are bugged at the moment, the temporary fix is to switch to normal life span until this is fixed
Message 311 of 318 (1,961 Views)

Re: Sims age up when starting game

★ Guide
@cocomarie22 This is a bug with the long/short life spans, you'll want to set it to normal until this is fixed
Message 312 of 318 (1,976 Views)

Re: Sims age up when starting game

★ Pro

No, that does not work for already existing saves.

Message 313 of 318 (1,971 Views)

Re: Old bug is back: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim

Hero
@leisa_92 I think you're facing a different issue. This bug as no age reverting. Just forwarding.

You might be seeing this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-doesn-t-save-Time-reset-on-transition/td-p/...

Anyways, it's hard to tell though so make sure to check your game once they patch the bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 314 of 318 (1,933 Views)

Played sims and NPC sims are not aging properly

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I listed them all out last night and my ticket was deleted. Not doing it again.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's a known bug, but I've found additional issues
What happens when the bug occurs? Played sims attempt to age up automatically when logging in....because humans in RL need to sleep or go to work, etc.
What do you expect to see? Sims age appropriately, both NPC and played sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started playing again just this past week, after a long absence. My default is to play a YA sim on long lifespan, to maximize skill learning potential. First issue...I noticed NPC sims were aging up rather early. I assumed this was a new feature, to have NPC sims on different aging cycles, since my played sim's wants were now not cancellable (used to be able to cancel unwanted "wants/needs" to maximize rewards for fulfilling wants). 
So...I played for a very long stretch that day (or at least didn't shut down the game when I had to step away) and once I finally shut it down, she was about 10 days out from aging to adult. When I logged back in, she was attempting to cancel current task and age up immediately. I put it down to autonomy, so I turned that off, bought a potion to reset her beginning of YA, and all was good. I don't use mods, and only cheat I've used is to give Simoleons on one occasion.  
Continued playing...had my sim get pregnant. Her pregnancy lasted barely 3 sim days, which was odd to me since I usually play Long lifespan and that was a REALLY short pregnancy. Played a while, then logged out with baby's birthday a couple days out. Logged out. This was the only anomaly in that when I logged back in, my YA sim wasn't trying to age up but the baby aged up immediately. So...I thought nothing of it. After playing that session, my YA sim had progressed well in her career and college, and the (now) toddler was again 3 days from aging up. I again saved and logged out. 
Now...my issue. I logged in yesterday and BOTH YA and toddler sims were trying to age up immediately. I prefer playing long lifespan to maximize learning for all life stages. I already spent reward points to reset my YA sim's lifespan. I do NOT appreciate that being overridden and having to spend more points when I'm working hard to earn max points for higher rewards. I'm going to run out of rewards points buying potions to reset her lifespan because I have to SLEEP sometimes! I definitely don't have time to buy potions for multiple sims off one sims' rewards. Can toddlers even drink youth potions??? 

Also...NPC sims are seeming to age at short lifespan rate while my played sims are set to long. Teens are aging up in barely a week. A YA NPC my sim was developing a relationship with aged to adult and then died of old age before I finished playing that one super long session where her long lifespan wasn't quite used up "naturally". The only NPC sims that don't seem to ever age are the "famous" ones. Seriously they never age, at all. I'm also experiencing the glitch where most NPC sims are showing fame but not the glow. 

Message 315 of 318 (1,936 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Neechan1 That's not a fix, that's a "we don't know how long it will take us so just play 1/3 of the promised content"
Message 316 of 318 (1,921 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just FYI I tried creating a new save (note I do NOT have the new pack) because I missed playing the home decorator career. I made a new sim and a cat, set lifespan to normal and switched off all aging, for played sims and non played. So far I have not had any aging occur, despite leaving the home lot several times. I haven't yet used a mirror, but I have no reason to believe it would cause an issue when other loading screens haven't. The only problem I have had is that I haven't been able to have a successful reveal event yet! Right now I'm 3 for 3. So off to find a fix for that!

Message 317 of 318 (1,828 Views)

Hero

Sims with a short or long Lifespan no longer become younger or age dramatically when leaving Create a Sim.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.375/1.62

Now, I did a very short test and my long lifespan game was fine. No aging up after cas/travelling/reloading

I know there have been a lot of statements and maybe some other issues mixed in here during the past week. It was crazy busy and they all did sound the same.

So  what I mean to say: If you see issues still with aging on a vanilla game, just go ahead and make a new thread.

Please describe your issue in details and not just something along the lines of: It's not fixed. I still have it

Thanks all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 318 of 318 (18,547 Views)