Re: my sims have aged up without my input since the last patch

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: Aging bug testing of patch 1.90.358.1030

★★ Guide
@Thomassono1996 No backups? Once we get the fix, restoring a backup from before this patch should save the save file. I'm hoping that the fix will reverse the effects of this glitch, but unfortunately, from a coding perspective, that could be difficult... Regardless, waiting until the glitch is fixed before restoring from backup seems a good idea, since playing a backup with this glitch will glitch the backup too.
Message 201 of 318 (511 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SimmerStar4 No backup left because i needed to restart my game thats what i thought and i always save twice each time i save just in chase i miss clicked or something like that so i saved 2x 2 times... but thats not a problem i just start over or play furthur with a almost empty city! If they fix it im already happy
Message 202 of 318 (524 Views)

★★ Guide
@Thomassono1996 Ah I meant creating backups through the game's filepaths, not the in-game recover save feature. I wonder how the game will act with almost no townies...
Message 203 of 318 (490 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SimmerStar4 Oh yeah maybe i can try that indeed. Thanks for the tip
Message 204 of 318 (486 Views)

★★ Guide
@Thomassono1996 If there aren't any backups from before saving with the patch, the backups of those saves will have the extra aging. But if there are previous backups, those should be unaffected by themselves - loading them in this patch will cause them to be affected when reloading them though.
Message 205 of 318 (479 Views)

my sims have aged up without my input since the last patch

★ Apprentice

why have my sims aged since last patch.  some have died. I'm so mad.  I had many legacy families that I wanted to keep.  What happened?

Message 206 of 318 (433 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@georgeandjudycas I have the same issue sonI can't play now...
Message 207 of 318 (410 Views)

★★ Guide
@georgeandjudycas The patch has caused a glitch in Short and Long lifespans, where reloading a lot causes Sims to erroneously age / age incorrectly.
Message 208 of 318 (381 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I can't even be more mad than now. The whole game is broken.
Message 209 of 318 (355 Views)

★★ Guide
@rostsit This is absolutely a game-breaking glitch. Does the game get playtested on these lifespans? Why has this update been pushed out when it's so broken? It's so disappointing that this glitch is back.
Message 210 of 318 (335 Views)