Re: Aging bug testing of patch 1.90.358.1030

by Sid1701d9

Original Post

★★ Guide
@Sid1701d9 Yes, reports seem to suggest it's solely an issue with reloading rather than CAS specifically. I do not have the new pack but it seems to me that the game can't process the age data correctly in short and long lifespans when reloading, but doesn't necessarily autoage them - my Child Sim got very close to the end of her life stage but not enough to age up.
Message 171 of 318 (542 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SimmerStar4 Do you have the high school years pack because it may have something to do with the hidden content of the pack that is not accessible with the patch.
Message 172 of 318 (530 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Long Life Span: Sims have days added on entering live mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Even with aging turned off with default sim lifespan settings, my sims were aging a few days whenever I entered CAS or loaded my game.

Message 173 of 318 (504 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep, Mine too! 

Message 174 of 318 (470 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@absadot Same thing here! I am so furious I was 3 days(sims days) into new High School pack I just threw down $44 on and wham outta nowhere my sim aged to young adult! Now I have to completely start over! I even placed lots in world and everything.
Message 175 of 318 (458 Views)

★ Apprentice
@absadot I have the same problem since the newest patch. I'm running a vanilla game and had an entire family all age up after I modified some clothing on one! Now my BRAND NEW sim has been labeled as a "global superstar' when her chosen trait is friend of the world! ARGH
Message 176 of 318 (439 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Apparently EA forgot to turn off the lock out features for the High School Years, the only sims that work on long life span is in the Copperdale neighborhood.  So all of the copperdale sims keep there age level.  it seems to be Teen and up that is effected by the bug.  Toddlers and kids appear to be fine.

Message 177 of 318 (415 Views)

Aging Bug Not Just Happening after CAS

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Whatever the latest one is
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk, look
What happens when the bug occurs? I close the game.
What do you expect to see? Sim randomly aging up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The High School Years patch.

I opened a longtime save file upon installing High School Years and sorting through my mods folder until I could get it to load, at all. Right away, I noticed one sim would not eat. As I was focusing on that sim, another was queued to use the toilet and shower. I look back at that second sim and see they have aging up in their queue. She was no where close to aging up. So, aging up is not just happening after leaving CAS or leaving and returning to a lot.

Message 178 of 318 (328 Views)

Re: Aging Bug Not Just Happening after CAS

★★★ Apprentice

I should add, all I did after opening the save was having child sims shower and pee and attempt to eat. I made it all of two sims hours before I gave up and closed the game, for fear of messing up my legacy househould.

Message 179 of 318 (323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can confirm that I had two toddlers (one whom was close to a birthday and one who wasn’t anywhere near) who both immediately aged up after exiting CAS. I immediately logged out and didn’t spend any time seeing what would happen with the rest of the household once I realized something was wrong. But I can confirm this affected my toddlers.. 

Message 180 of 318 (396 Views)