Re: [OPEN] Long Life Span: Sims have days added on entering live mode

by rachelwolfe

Original Post

Re: Old bug is back: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim

★★ Guide
@DasRabennest Is that Fear limited to a specific age group?
I'm guessing this might be a separate issue and/or a different symptom of the same glitch. It could be that the Fear has been incorrectly assigned to an age group, or a glitch allows a Sim to get the Fear when it shouldn't. I don't think this is necessarily a sign of the lifespan glitch based on this info.
Message 161 of 318 (628 Views)

Re: Old bug is back: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim

Hero
@DasRabennest Did you have days added when going to CAS/Manage World/Loading ?

It's pretty easy to test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 162 of 318 (623 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict This was a family I had made and moved in before the patch ever came out, so they were an "existing family," just one that I knew had no days in their bars when last I left them.
Message 163 of 318 (592 Views)

Hero
@rachelwolfe Do they further age still or one time only ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 164 of 318 (584 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict One time only; going in and out of CAS didn't affect them (this was after I'd switched the lifespan to normal). So what it does indicate to me is that the act of loading up a long-lifespan save gives all the sims in the save file an age boost before you ever enter live mode.
Message 165 of 318 (570 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

For what it's worth, I opened a long lifespan save with aging disabled. (Aging was already disabled for everyone before the update.) I did not change the greyed out "long" to "normal" until after about 20 minutes of gameplay. I did not enter CAS nor travel during that time. I've checked two different households (the only two in which I could be certain of their age), and no days have been added. 

Good luck, and godspeed.

Message 166 of 318 (545 Views)

Hero
@rachelwolfe It's possible. I have another idea for a test but that will need to wait till tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 167 of 318 (498 Views)

Aging bug testing of patch 1.90.358.1030

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I was able to figure out that the aging bug only affects saves from the current patch version(1.90.358.1030) of the game any game you start before that patch don't have the bug, but once you save it in the new patch version it doesn't keep the sims age level at all.  I was able to load a older version of my save from 2/27/22 and the age information was not changed, I also did a save game from 7/23/22 which was the last time I played The Sims 4 before today.  Once I did save as and reloaded the game the age bar jumped up again.  I am still looking for a work around.

Message 168 of 318 (435 Views)

Re: Aging bug testing of patch 1.90.358.1030

★★ Guide
@Sid1701d9 It does seem to be an issue with reloading in the new patch. My initial play in the new patch was unaffected and then after playing around in CAS for a bit, the save's age data was messed up when I loaded into the household.
Message 169 of 318 (395 Views)

Re: Aging bug testing of patch 1.90.358.1030

★★★★ Guide

Well it is not just CAS, it is also loading the game after you save it in the new patch, my guess is the teen aspirations is most likely the problem.

Message 170 of 318 (384 Views)