Re: [OPEN] Long Life Span: Sims have days added on entering live mode

by andyrew007

Original Post

Re: Bug with Auto aging up all Sims

Hero
@iNicciBear You have to change from map. As soon as you load into live mode, days are added.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 131 of 318 (956 Views)

Re: Old bug is back: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim

★★ Novice

Yep! They did it before! They released my wedding stories 

Message 132 of 318 (925 Views)

Sims age up after using CAS

★★ Newbie

Since the new update, all sims in my world and household age up after entering CAS. This includes using CAS for clothing changes, creating new characters, and just editing gender/sexual orientation. I can’t fix the sims who have aged up because it just happens again once I go into CAS. 

Message 133 of 318 (868 Views)

Re: Sims age up after using CAS

Hero
@Tashles153 Merged your post with the bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 134 of 318 (861 Views)

Re: Sims have aged extra after saving and exiting

★ Guide

Is the fix for this going to reverse the aging issues? My Sims have aged by half of their life stage and this started after I went into CAS for the second time since updating, first time today. I don't want to have half of my Sims' life stage just disappear.

Message 135 of 318 (849 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@absadot Im on Xbox and same happening
Message 136 of 318 (842 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, I am glad that it isn't just me.... I thought that the mods that I had recently downloaded had messed up something in CAS, but even after deleting all my mods (it's going to be so annoying to redownload everything but it is what it is now), my sims all kept aging up. And it wasn't just the family, the foxes that were on the lot (Cottage Living) also began to age up after the kid blew out the candles? Hopefully they can patch this sooner rather than later.

Message 137 of 318 (793 Views)

Re: Bug with Auto aging up all Sims

★★★★ Apprentice
@Rev_Shadow508 We all lost crazy amounts of game progress but I gotta say… once I finally accepted my game was ruined, looking up and realizing everyone in the town had grey hair or died was kind of hilarious.
Message 138 of 318 (780 Views)

★★★ Novice

Dear EA, 

I want to comment on something I have observed about the long life span bug.  While watching Youtuber DrGluon, I notice something.  I noticed that the only two sims not affected by the glitch are the Crumplebottoms in Henford on Bagley.  I also watch another Youtuber James Turner, and he was playing a let's play where the Crumplebottoms were glitched to where there were multiple Crumplebottoms in one save.  I thought that was very peculiar and thought you should know about it.  It might give you a hint at what is wrong. 

Anyway, I haven't had any issues yet, but I will be on the lookout for it.   

Saltflower3

Message 139 of 318 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Unknown
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a saved game with load on long lifespan. Change lifespan to Normal, turn aging off for all households and unplayed Sims, apply. Change lifespan back to Long, turn on aging for all households and unplayed Sims and apply. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims aging backwards by 1-2 Sim days, perhaps after sleeping but unsure
What do you expect to see? Aging to remain the same or aging increase by one day
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Yes, since the 07/26/22 update

I want to say that I had the aging bug already happen in a different save. In this particular save, I was going to use the tips to prevent the aging bug as described by the SImGurus. However, I changed my mind and changed the settings back to Long Lifespan with aging on. I did this on purpose to use the bug to age up Sims throughout the save. However, after going to manage worlds, my Sims did age up fully to the next level as expected with the bug. However, after a couple of Sim days passed, I realized by Sims were slowly losing days to their age as if they are aging backwards, but at a seemingly normal rate that they would age forward.

I thought this information might be helpful in resolving the overall aging bug. I don't know if others can replicate the same result, but changing the lifespan to Normal, turn aging off, apply, change back to Long, turn aging on again could be what triggered this effect.

Message 140 of 318 (622 Views)