July 26 2020 update aged up ALL my Sims

by Rev_Shadow508

Original Post

Re: Old bug is back: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim

★★★ Newbie

also having problems

don't use mods, have lifetime set to long, tried repairing as suggested by an EA Help twitter mod

if it's helpful to know, this seems to be an issue every time i close and then boot up the game. the following happened:

occasion 1) adult sims aged to elders, despite having a third of their lifespan left

occasion 2) teen sim aged to adult, despite only having been a teen for a day!

occasion 3) having cheat aged the two elders back to adult sims, noted that they had 82 days left before aging up in occasion 2. when i logged on this time that had shortened to 71 days

very little game play in each of these occasions - an hour, at most, in sim time, so not enough for them to age 11 days! maybe the issue is to do with the game booting up?

Message 51 of 318 (845 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Long Life Span: Sims have days added on entering live mode

★ Guide

Having this issue too, I made a save as copy of my current household save to test, it's an older save about a year old or so. I have it on long life span. I took my main family into CAS, and upon exiting the entire household aged up. I checked prior to entering CAS and each member was about halfway through their current stage which was 2 YAs 1 child and 1 toddler. After CAS they are 2 Adults, 1 teen, and 1 child. Also after exiting CAS Dennis Kim instantly died. R.I.P. 

Message 52 of 318 (822 Views)

The aging bug is happening with aging off

Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own every pack and kit and all of them are currently installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter the game and open simology panel. It will be there.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of my sims are on the verge aging up.
What do you expect to see? I would like to have my sims age progression reset to the beginning of their current stage.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The July 26th patch.

I'm reporting this to let the Devs know this is happening with aging off as well. When I first logged into my game after updating, the bug hadn't affected all of my played sims. After exiting to remove two glitched mods when I went back in the bug had affected all of my played sims.

Community Volunteer. Not EA Staff
Message 53 of 318 (820 Views)

Re: The aging bug is happening with aging off

Hero
@DaniRose2143 Did you make sure to check that the greyed out option is not on long ? The bug does occur if it's on long even when disabled.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 318 (798 Views)

Re: All sims in household age up after accessing CAS

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem as others, immediate aging up.  I play long lifespans.  I played rotational, and it killed the 2 elders in my lot at the same time, granted one of them was really due to be dead.  And when I went to the other family lot, it aged up an adult, 2 children 2 teens, and later, 2 teens to young adults.  I'm afraid of keep playing this game, considering the style I play.

My only expansion packs are Cats and Dogs and City Living.  I have Parenthood and Spa Day as game packs.

Message 55 of 318 (778 Views)

Re: All household auto aging up

★★ Guide

would like to confirm this issue is also happening on PS4 seeing as all of these reported seem to be PC players. 
opened my game, my sims had 80 days. 26 days and 19 days, went into CAS, when I came back it was 65 instead of 80 and the rest of the household was ageing up. 

Message 56 of 318 (766 Views)

July 26 2020 update aged up ALL my Sims

★★★★★ Apprentice

I installed the new updates on PS4 and loaded up my game and played around for day or two. I read in to the new options with body hair and stuff so I opened up a household in Create a Sim from there traits menu in that household. After I retuned EVERYONE in the household is ready to age up I had a back up save and for some reason now everyone is still ready to age up. I legit had a new adult who is now about to be an elder and 5 teens all becoming young adults before I was finished. Is there anyway I can fix this or am I just out of luck because the update is bugged?

Message 57 of 318 (707 Views)

Re: All sims in household age up after accessing CAS

★★★★★ Apprentice

It seems like the long lifespan has issues right now. I use the long lifespan.

Message 58 of 318 (692 Views)

ageing up bug after recent high school update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, cats and dogs, city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go into cas, then exit
What happens when the bug occurs? every sim in the game (including pets) will age up automatically before their birthday is due
What do you expect to see? my game will resume as normal, with the sims ageing up in the correct amount of days, with outfits updated if I have changed them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after updating my game to the most recent update

These are the images of every sim in my game ageing up at the time. The phone calls are about multiple sims in my game who were elders dying.

hopefully other ppl have this bug and its not just me! and if there is anyway to fix it lmk please and thanks. 

Message 59 of 318 (685 Views)

Re: ageing up bug after recent high school update

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is your lifespan on "Long"? If so, that's the bug. Even Champions and Hero's experience this bug too. 

Set the "Sim Lifespan" to Medium or Short. 

Message 60 of 318 (671 Views)