by simplydawn

Original Post

Re: Old bug is back: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all packs and kit up to werewolves and soon highschool
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? n/a
What happens when the bug occurs? n/a
What do you expect to see? n/a
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. when loading recent save when chosing game resume for curent household

I also have this issue and i play with aging fully turn off since today patch and i play with custom content in game so please fix this issue rapidly thank you

Message 31 of 318 (2,447 Views)

Hero
@hellobetsy Could you try if it happens if you set it to normal, then turn off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 318 (2,447 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Normal lifespan + aging off looks also safe: The age bar does not proceed after CAS.

Message 33 of 318 (2,499 Views)

Sims instantly aging up after patch update 7/26/22

★★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
What is your current game version number? version 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything apart from some stuff packs and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Update to the most recent patch of 7/26/22. Then load the game and enter life mode. It can happen after just starting up the game, or after a loading screen from switching neighbourhoods, or the loading screen after changing a sims outfits.
What happens when the bug occurs? After a loading screen and you enter life mode, sims instantly age up even though they are not supposed to yet. I started up my game after the 7/26 patch update and the following happened in a span of about 2 minutes (would be shorter if I didn't have to choose traits and aspirations): elderly dog died, grandfather died, child aged up to teen, teens (twins) aged up to young adults. I went ahead and chose new outfits for them, fnished that and went back into life mode. As soon as the loading screen disappeared, the parents both aged up to being elderly (their birthdays should be quite some time apart from each other). I tried to restart the game, but the same happened again. I didn't even have time to disable aging in the settings, as soon as the game loads you get the first notification that a sim has aged. The child and parents were for sure nowhere near aging up, and I know for a fact (I checked yesterday) that the teens weren't supposed to age up for another 2 sim-weeks. I play with a long life cycle, really none of them were close to their birthdays (the dog and grandfather might have been as they were elderly).
What do you expect to see? Sims not instantly and frantically aging up when entering life mode, whilst they're not even supposed to be aging up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. patch update of 7/26/2022

After a loading screen and you enter life mode, sims instantly age up even though they are not supposed to yet. I started up my game after the 7/26/22 patch update and the following happened in a span of about 2 real-life minutes (would be shorter if I didn't have to choose traits and aspirations): elderly dog died, grandfather died, child aged up to teen, teens (twins) aged up to young adults. I went ahead and chose new outfits for them, fnished that and went back into life mode. As soon as the loading screen disappeared, the parents both aged up to being elderly (their birthdays should be quite some time apart from each other). I tried to restart the game, but the same thing happened again. I didn't even have time to disable aging in the settings, as soon as the game loads you get the first notification that a sim has aged. The child and parents were for sure nowhere near aging up, and I know for a fact (I checked yesterday) that the teens weren't supposed to age up for another 2 sim-weeks. I play with a long life cycle, really none of them were close to their birthdays (the dog and grandfather might have been as they were elderly).

Message 34 of 318 (2,439 Views)

Re: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim (Patch 1.90)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? German
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu, StrangerVille, Dream Home Decoration, Vampires, Werewolves, Backyard, Moschino, Nifty Knitting,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a save game or resume a game, likely with "long lifespan" turned on
What happens when the bug occurs? Three of my six Sims (the mother and her two toddler children) age up at the same time
What do you expect to see? No aging
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Yes, since the 07/26/22 update

Message 35 of 318 (2,489 Views)

New update causes All Sims to age after Manage worlds

★★★ Newbie

Every time I exit and enter manage worlds after this recent update, all of my sims, and the ones in other households age up all at once, it kills off all the elderly sims and everyone is aged up one lifestage. I restarted a world and it happened again, ruining my sims world and getting rid of a ton of sims.

Message 36 of 318 (2,421 Views)

Sims age up randomly and sometimes on the same day

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Game Packs: My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangeville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Paranormal, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens everytime I load into the game, whether it's from opening the game or leaving CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims age up. They either go to the next live stage or die.
What do you expect to see? I would like to not see my sims age up everytime I load into the game. I've had the same save game since 2018, and I would like to keep it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The update that was released on July 26th 2022, prior to the High School pack release.

I've had three sims die on the same day by old age, the first one had been an elder for a looooooooooong time (I actually thought she would never die), the other had been for a couple of weeks and the last one had been an elder for a day or two. They all died on the same day by old age. The bug apperead after the update from July 26th 2022.
For sims who weren't elders, they would just age up. I had a toddler become a child 5 days before she was supposed to and then, on the same day, after exiting CAS, she became a teenager.
I play on long lifespan and I currently have no mods installed, only a few custom content items.

Message 37 of 318 (2,414 Views)

Re: New update causes All Sims to age after Manage worlds

[ Edited ]
Hero

So this is what is known so far

• This bug effects Long Life Span only. If you play on long, you get days added to your sim every time a transition happens (loading the game, going to CAS, going to World Map). this will make your Sims age eventually.
  • Normal Lifespan always works normal.
  • Short Lifespan works normal, if that's your initial setting. If you set a game that was on Long to short, they will age down instead of up
  • Disabled aging will work as long as the greyed out option doesn't say Long. If it says long, it will add the days even if disabled.

Workarounds

• Do not play any saves that have long lifespan until EA patches this (it's bad, I'm hoping for an emergency patch for it) (this is the safest option :D)
  • Disable aging for the save. To do so, do not use the resume button but use the LOAD and change the settings from the map before loading your family. I'm not 100% sure that they won't take an initial day hit if you load the household but they shouldn't age further after that.
  • Change aging to Normal. instead of disable. This will of course make them age faster but it's not a bad option.
  • I don't recommend changing to short but since you like to play on long, I don't think you would want to do that :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 318 (2,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All plus all kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Update to the newest game version. Play on long life. Enter CAS. Upon exiting CAS, sim(s) will age up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Entering CAS triggers aging up when it isn't the sim's birthday.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to remain the same age after editing in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated for the 26 July 2022 patch.

Hi, I just wanted to add to the thread. I was playing a save on Long Life before the update. After the update, I went into to CAS to give a sim body hair and when I exited, my toddler aged up to child. I'm unsure if my other sims aged up. After turning aging off, I was able to enter CAS without the aging issue. I exited without saving, but I did take screenshots (attached) to show that it was not yet time for my toddler to age up. Thank you.

Message 39 of 318 (2,373 Views)

Re: Sim instantly aged up!

★★★ Newbie

I am having same issue all of my sims are aging extremely fast even with age up featured turned off. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Message 40 of 318 (2,185 Views)