[FIXED] Locking doors not working properly

by ItzJustMeee

Original Post

Re: Sims Ignoring Locked Doors

Hero

HI @Zasz_Zerg

that sounds different though ?

This thread is about Sims entering locked rooms if they are not Vampires when they shouldn't.

Yours seems the other way round and specific to Vampires.

Could you please create a new thread for your issue ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 71 (1,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I disagree. If its the lock that prevents vampires from teleporting in (from range). Its the lock that doesnt work properly, not the teleport.

Message 42 of 71 (1,554 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, but I think those are probably two different things when programming a Sim's route. 

Message 43 of 71 (1,539 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Zasz_Zerg

Thank you for your report. However, with the info you provided we cannot asses 100% if your issue is the same, or has the same root cause. Would you mind creating a new thread and adding as much info as you see fit?

Saves will also be appreciated :D

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Cheers!

Message 44 of 71 (1,531 Views)

Re: Locks on doors don't work properly since update

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Buttonsginger   Have the exact same issue, in a similar complex with multiple rooms and sims. Any Solutions yet?

Message 45 of 71 (1,467 Views)

Re: Locks on doors don't work properly since update

★★★★★ Apprentice
@KADASKO the doors in my current save seem to be staying locked but I only had 2 Sims and 2 dogs.
Message 46 of 71 (1,458 Views)

door locks resetting

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? a lot why is there no check boxes here, i cant remember which ones i have with out going back a forth in and out of the game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a family, hire some services... lock the doors for the kids not to go in, or allow employees to go in.... try locking for a specific sim. then go into build mode..... then back to live mode..... or travel have an employee get stuck before they can leave the house, or have the nanny glitch where they never leave so the game don't know if they are a valid employee or not; or reset them before they reach the locked door that has employee access...
What happens when the bug occurs? the kids will go through the locked door they shouldn't, your employees will never leave and you have to reset all the locks in the house again after everytime the live household mode reloads
What do you expect to see? the door locks staying locked how i set them, and employees being able to leave even after their shift ends... if they have the red "gardner, Nanny, ect." in the name bubble they should beable to use the employee door
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I want to say this was very obvious after the january patch, I know its a open problem but the build mode reset definitely started in January

can we PLEASE just fix the door locks, or make it easier to set the locks

i am tired of having to reset the locks constantly just to keep the kids out of part of the house or the infant room.

if there was a way to lock the door for age groups that would be a loooot faster than having to go through the "specific sim" seven times every 2 mins when i have to look at something in build mode

Message 47 of 71 (1,437 Views)

Re: door locks resetting

★★ Guide

I "Me, too" because I am having a problem with my door locks, too. Though, to be honest, I'm not sure if it's the same as yours. I do think door locks are bugged right now. 

I have sims and pets in my house and I had to resort to locking the sauna and yoga room cause sims wanted to constantly go in there to dance, and the toddlers room cause apparently doll houses are sims crack. 

And no matter what combination I use to lock sims out, they stroll thru the door regardless of how I have it locked. 

Message 48 of 71 (1,431 Views)

Hero

Hi @Gutzyella 

merged your post with existing thread but to be sure it's the same issue. The doors are still locked, right ? It's just ignored by some ?

Also, please next time, fill in the patch version. Here's why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Information-Questions-about-the-bug-forum/m-p/7228...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 71 (1,419 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

yes thank you, i think some are ignoring them, and some are forgetting they are allowed through the doors

and sorry i must have forgot to get the patch number, i will put it in next time thanks

Message 50 of 71 (1,370 Views)