Sims enter locked doors..

by JackBrookelyn

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims Entering Locked Doors

★★★★★ Guide

@MarleyTheWizard wrote:
I have noticed that doors are usually just locked from one side if you have turned the door in build mode, the sim will be able to get in but not out.

...Could THAT be what's causing this?! Interesting! Wondering

Message 61 of 71 (2,229 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I still have the problem with all doors, so it's a no from me, sadly.
Message 62 of 71 (2,207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried locking doors and gates, completely or for specific sims, and other sims (like paparazzi) just come on in.  

Message 63 of 71 (2,188 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this problem since day one (I purchased Sims 4 about a month ago). I do have CC content, but that is a recent addition and did not exist when the problem began happening. I have repaired the game to no avail, I re-lock the doors to no avail, and I replace the doors to no avail. 

I have three games it happens on (the fourth game I have not used the lock door feature yet so it's untested).

In the first game, I have 8 sims in the household and wish for the toddlers to stay on the ground floor where their beds and potties are as opposed to wandering around the entire lot (the biggest lot in the game and I have used all four above ground floors and both underground floors... this causes issues if they're tired or hungry etc). I also wish for sims to not enter the section I have called "The Lair", an underground apartment section built for only one sim who has now moved out. I also have a show Speakeasy under the house which is locked for everyone yet they still manage to enter (and ironically leave one of the mischief books behind). The front door does not work and allows vampires to attack. Sims frequently enter rooms and get stuck in there and I have to hunt to find them (non-household members I mean)

The only door that has been consistently locked in this game has been the living room door for the cat. I locked it because she's afraid of the TV, and she has never been able to enter.

In the second game, It is an apartment-like building (university halls) but the sims frequent other's private quarters and get into the staff areas.

The third game is a Victorian game and I do not want one of the sims to gain the Mixology skill... yet she managed to do so. I locked the globe behind 2 doors, both she has managed to enter. Often she gets the globe icon bubble thing to do the action, but it vanishes like she can't complete the action (which is what I want) but sometimes she somehow manages to enter as if the doors are unlocked and she is able to exit and re-enter freely. The front door seems to be working fine for now, and the locks for the toddler worked throughout the entire toddler stage (though admittedly the lot is not nearly as big and so it was just the one door I needed to lock)

This is a problem that occurs on-and-off, about 99% in the first and second games (I literally have no control in those with human sims), and the third about 50% of the time.

Message 64 of 71 (2,100 Views)

★★ Guide
I ran into this issue as well.

I have a few Sims in my household, and one of them is a Tech Guru who has a computer in his own room, which I wanted to keep locked away so it's always free for only him to use, for work stuff.

I locked the door for "Everyone but (Sim)", so I would think that meant only HE can go through to his room.
But some of the other Sims can decide to use the computer in his room through autonomy, and they seem to just ignore the lock on the door.
Message 65 of 71 (2,054 Views)

★ Guide

This is a new problem for me, since the last patch. Sims can go into a room with a door locked for everyone, but can't get out.

Message 66 of 71 (2,017 Views)

★★ Guide

Oh my god. Thank you. I think this is the case. Shouldn't work like that but now I know.

Message 67 of 71 (1,933 Views)

Locked Door Issue

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Update for Island Living
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island Living. It's downloaded but I made an advanced launch option to disable it because my Sims are not prepared to live in it.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try locking the door for specific sims, but not all, in the house. Test to make sure they cannot walk through it. Then try to lock it for pets/dogs. Try to call a dog through the door and see as they cant get through. Then test to see if that specific sim that you locked it for earlier can still get through. Vice versa: Lock the door for the pet/dogs first. Test to make sure they can't get through. Then lock it for the specific sim(s). Test to make sure they can't get through. Then test to see if the pet/dog can still get through.
What happens when the bug occurs? The specific sim(s) that you locked it for before you locked it for the pets/dog will now be able to get through the door following locking it for pets/dogs. Vice versa: The pet/dog you locked the door for before locking it for the specific sim will be able to walk through the door following locking it for specific sim(s).
What do you expect to see? The sim/pet you locked the door for being able to walk through a door that was originally locked for them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've built a townhouse for my household to live in. Half of them live in one part of the townhouse while the rest live in the other. When I first started playing I didn't have a problem. I just locked the doors into each townhouse for specific members of the household. However, I decided that I was going to have one side of the house get a couple of dogs. The problem with that is, every time I try to lock a door for the dogs (by selecting "Lock for Pets" or "Lock for Dogs" because you can not select the dogs as "Specific Sims"), it automatically unlocks the options I made for the specific sims! And when I try to fix that by relocking it for the specific sims, it unlocks it for the dogs! It's like I have to choose but it's honestly annoying the heck out of me.

Yes I attempted to see if any mods were the problem. I removed everything and it was still happening.

Message 68 of 71 (1,933 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for pointing this out. I flipped my doors and now the door locking works again. At least this is a good workaround until the door locking issue is fixed. Thank you! 

Message 69 of 71 (1,878 Views)

Sims enter locked doors..

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have none.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure if it's only if the sims get back from work, but it seems like those sims are the ones that go through locked doors. Try seeing if those sims walk through locked doors after returning from work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I lock a door for my sims, it works for a little while. Then, after a while, my sims start entering the doors that are locked for them.
What do you expect to see? My sims should never open doors that are locked for them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sim enters door that is supposed to be locked to him.

Message 70 of 71 (1,781 Views)