Re: door locks resetting

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
You did fill it out but just with latest. It's most useful if you put the actual number :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 71 (1,492 Views)

★ Guide

I am having this issue as well. The current patch is 1.49.65.1020. It started to happen for after the recent patch. My sim has her 2 doors locked for everyone but her. In order to get through the 2nd, the first one needs to be passed and everyone is walking right in. I tried to repair the game but nothing. I also tried again to lock but to no avail. 

Message 52 of 71 (1,464 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue also- in an apartment-like house with individuals having their own space. I wasn't having any problems until I added the 6th and 7th locked doors so maybe it is something to do with multiple locks??

Message 53 of 71 (1,431 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Entering Locked Doors

★★ Novice

I've had this issue too... after this latest patch. Sims will enter a room that they were locked out of, and then become stuck in that room as they now recognize the door as locked. They are often being routed into the room to "empty the trash" or when using autocomplete (ex: sim entering a bathroom that they were locked out of after I choose to autocomplete bladder need)

Message 54 of 71 (1,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here! This bug is darn annoying. My family’s dog runs outside, then can’t get back in again. And club members wander through the family’s private quarters like they own the place, but cannot get back unless I unlock the doors. No mods or CC; this is on the PS4.

Message 55 of 71 (1,366 Views)

Locked door not working

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Locked out sims walk trough locked doors
What do you expect to see? Locked doors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I wanted to reply to an old post where it said it was fixed but couldn't so I'm starting a new thread.

I'm not sure why this happens. I can play for awhile or a whole day and nothing. And sometimes it happens as soon as I load my save.
But it's safe to say it got something to do with saves. Cause the majority of the time it happens right after I save when I'm playing.
So I got a habbit of re-locking doors after I save, just to make sure. And sometimes even that won't work on the first lock, so I have to re-lock it again.

Message 56 of 71 (1,319 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here, it seems to trigger whenever you save but not always. Really random bug.
Got a door locked for everone but "the sim I use". And sometimes other sims enters it.
Fix it please! 

Message 57 of 71 (1,332 Views)

★★ Guide

And btw, this happened with version 1.49. So it's not the new version that is causing this bug.

Message 58 of 71 (1,328 Views)

★★ Guide

And in response to someone who has many doors locked I just wanted to ad that I only got 1 door locked. So the amount of locked doors is not the issue.

Message 59 of 71 (1,326 Views)

★★ Guide
I have noticed that doors are usually just locked from one side if you have turned the door in build mode, the sim will be able to get in but not out.
Message 60 of 71 (1,303 Views)