Re: Two songs play at once

by mattg101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Load music stuck in loop

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This doesn't happen every time, but enough that it's annoying.

Sometimes after loading my family, the music from the load screen (the one with the plumbob) does not stop. It just keeps playing and playing and playing. It's actually one particular bit of music, but I don't know how to describe it. Anyway, the only way to deal with it is to turn the music setting all the way down in Game Options (which means you no longer hear it, but it's still playing), or exit the game completely and try starting up and loading again.

I've seen others mention it on the forum. Hoping this is not a duplicate here. I did look.

Message 9 of 166 (27,986 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Load music stuck in loop

Hero

• Build Mode music should no longer indefinitely loop as a result of loading directly to Build Mode from the map screen.

Not sure if that fixes all the instances but going to lock this thread as it's become a bit of a mess and doesn't have the bug template.

Please make a new thread if you still have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 166 of 166 (24,006 Views)

All Replies

Two songs play at once

★ Apprentice

Sometimes while I'm playing the game 2 background songs will play at the same time. It usually happens after a short freeze. The only way I know how to stop it is to restart the game.

Version: Sims 4 digital deluxe edition downloaded from origin.

Graphics card: Nvidia geforce GT 750m

I'm using custom clothing, but no script mods

Message 1 of 166 (28,238 Views)

Hero

Added.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 166 (28,229 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just had this issue twice, sometimes for me more than 2 songs can play at once, and the background music becomes very loud, however restarting the game fixes this issue. Glad it's not just me experiencing this.

Message 3 of 166 (28,204 Views)

Hero

@mattg101 @SimTherapy 

What kind of sound card do you guys have ? 

Did you try playing around with the sound settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 166 (28,196 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

From what i can gather, i have SoundMAX Integrated Audio.

I've tried turning the Music volume down then back up again, but the issue would not go away until restarting.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 166 (28,183 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 166 (28,180 Views)

★ Guide

I get 2 songs at once, I can trigger it by downloading to my gallery.  While downloading, the music stops, when downloading is finished the music resumes, but this time with 2 songs together and much louder.  After 2-3 minutes only one song is playing and it's normal again.

I have onboard Realtek sound.

Didn't think I'd be over here so soon after installing Crin ;-)  

@SamWitts2

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40ghz

8.00GB DDR3

Windows 7 64 bit latest service pack

AMD Radeon HD 7850

Message 7 of 166 (28,178 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the detailed info.

I hope this bug can be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 166 (28,169 Views)

Re: Load music stuck in loop

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 166 (27,836 Views)