Re: Lighting glitch when sims sit down at table inside

by Allisas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Lighting glitch when sims sit down at table inside

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
When sims sit down at tables inside the light on them shifts so that the whole sim becomes dark, as if a dark shadow had fallen on them. It happens with all in game tables I've tested plus chess boards bars. Long or short table doesn't do any difference. It seems as if there might be a small change in the amount of "shadow" that the tables cast but it's hard to tell.

I've compiled a set of pictures in this thread over at the official forums.

The pictures can also be seen here.

I've done quite some testing and it seems as if glitch only happens inside a room that is fully covered with a roof and it only happens when the chairs are attached to a table. I've asked around at tumblr and it seems as if many players experience the same glitch but to be sure my graphics card is:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX660

I'm fully patched and have OR, GTW & LP installed.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8 (2,129 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

I think this has been fixed.  I remember I was able to duplicate it before, and I can't now.  Images:

12-29-15_12-13-02 PM.png

12-29-15_12-13-12 PM.png

There might be a slight dimming, but it's nothing like it was before and seems reasonable to me.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,311 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I've had this issue since i started playing the game (Started playing on release date EU). Haven't thought too much about it tho. At one point i tried to set up serveral lights around the ceiling including some on the walls, but nothing made the sim brighter. She was still dark. Now that its getting mentioned here, im all for getting this fixed. (This is probably gonna bug the hell out of me now, so thanks for making me think about this again! hah)

Message 2 of 8 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have intel graphics 4000 (i know it's unsupported, but many of us have intel too), game up to date, unchecked laptop mode, and having this issue too.

I noticed this issue either after the GTW patch or the ones that came after that. It was working fine this whole time.

Message 3 of 8 (1,711 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,586 Views)

★ Guide

This still hasn´t been fixed. It also happens when children sit at the drawing table (btw there´s another drawing table bug, stuff put down on it is flipped which looks pretty weird) and when Sims sit down to use the microscope.

Message 5 of 8 (1,220 Views)

Hero

Is this still an issue ?

@83bienchen @Bergstrand90 @missgothika1 @Fredrikask

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,181 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I think this has been fixed.  I remember I was able to duplicate it before, and I can't now.  Images:

12-29-15_12-13-02 PM.png

12-29-15_12-13-12 PM.png

There might be a slight dimming, but it's nothing like it was before and seems reasonable to me.

Message 7 of 8 (1,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictThis issue has been fixed. Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (1,163 Views)