Re: [OPEN] Lag and game instability if my Sim knows too many other Sims

by ArchXDiablo

Original Post

Re: Extremely long household loading screen

★★ Guide
Thank you.

HeroicJay's post is exactly what I'm suffering.
Message 11 of 18 (1,369 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Huh, I just found what appears to be a workaround of sorts: if you don't open the Relationship panel, it seems to work just fine no matter how many Sims your Sim knows. That's... inconvenient, honestly, but you can still get the information off the panel in other ways. Certainly don't TRAVEL with the relationship panel open. Other Sim info panels seem to work fine as far as I've noticed so far.

Message 12 of 18 (1,304 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You can also peek at the panel occasionally if you pause the game to keep it from updating while open. Also, ya, don't leave it open... ever. I've had a couple times where it caused memory corruption issues while loading a lot that would eventually either hang the game or cause a BSOD.
Message 13 of 18 (1,291 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Very true, the game does seem to love going nuts when opening a panel with 65+ known sims. At 65 it's manageable and within 5-10 seconds it clears up, but 100+ it gets nuts. I also wondered on one save that it'd take an extra 8-10 seconds to load and freeze upon doing so and I learned it was due to me having saved while my sim had the panel open, so when I loaded the game, it'd load the whole panel too and cause extra strain.

A simple page system so that the game only loads one page at a time of, say, 25 sims, would easily solve this.

Message 14 of 18 (1,277 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Either that or have it load/unload info as needed instead of processing the entire list and only render a part of it
Message 15 of 18 (1,243 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I am wondering if anyone has found a true fix for this yet. It takes up to 2 minutes to load my Sims' relationship panel and it's caused my game to freeze many times.

If ghosts bloody disappeared when the sim died, this wouldn't be an issue!! Seriously ... I'd say that about 90% of the relationships are with ghosts.
Message 16 of 18 (1,150 Views)

Re: Lag and game instability if my Sim knows too many other Sims

★★★★ Guide
@Rosehrtgirl yes, this is my first thought as well (although I do have McCommandCenter in my own game, it would help the masses that do not wish to mod their games. And, lag is a big issue anyway, so any help to reduce that, I think is a good thing, TBH. :D
Message 17 of 18 (1,145 Views)

★★ Guide

It might be fixed.

I can't experience this problem anymore...

Message 18 of 18 (5,980 Views)