Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Washer/Dryer: Can't wash/dry clothes

★ Novice

I’ve had this problem for over a year, and the only fix I’ve found is buying a whole new Washer/Dryer set. It’s frustrating to have to do it, but my sims all tend to have the Handiness skill maxed, so it isn’t the most aggravating thing I’ve experienced with this game. THAT would be my teens missing prom after not going to the pre-prom party.

Message 381 of 388 (1,980 Views)

★★ Novice

This happens across households for me as well. I have all game packs, expansions, stuff packs and kits. It happens when the washer/dryer are normal and when they are upgraded. 

Message 382 of 388 (1,961 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@WickedBrilliant Same. I keep having to buy new washers. And now my hampers aren’t working.
Message 383 of 388 (1,922 Views)

★★★ Guide

also, my laundry will not go into the hamper automatically as it always has it 100% always goes on the floor.

Message 384 of 388 (1,873 Views)

★ Novice
@shannon730 Interesting. I haven’t had a problem with my hampers yet, but I have my sims collect their laundry to wash almost daily when playing. The only time I’ve ever had my sims’ clothes not go into the hamper was when it was too full.
Message 385 of 388 (1,861 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have the eco pack but I do have most of the others. When my Sims wash clothes that are clean but are in the hamper, they won't allow me to put them in the dryer as it says they are clean and damp. My sims just takes the washing out the washer or dryer and place on the floor in a pile which says it's damp and clean. Every time I try it won't allow me to actually dry the clothes so I have to delete the dryer and wash my sims again after their clothes are worn for ages just so it washes properly. This has been happening for a long time now and very annoying as it takes ages to build up the washing again. Why can't I just dry the clothes properly. 

Message 386 of 388 (1,848 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is the exact issue I am having x

Message 387 of 388 (1,848 Views)

Hero

We have called in a repair service job, and they came by and made improvements to the washing machines and dryers to make them more reliable

Fixed in Patch 1.98.127/1.76

Since this thread has gotten a bit messy over the years, it's possible that some instances of this issue still isn't fixed. If you have issues still, please create a new thread, describing in detail what you are seeing.

Also be aware that already bugged washer/dryers might not be fixed so just buy new ones if you still have the issue and see if it occurs again before reporting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 388 of 388 (6,785 Views)