Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Clothing not showing on clothing line

by leozabotto

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [LDSP] Clothing not showing on clothing line

★ Apprentice

Ditto over here. Both as described by OP and the clothes do not dry out. I have all the expansions, minus seasons, Parenthood, Vampires, and then Laundry Day stuff (obviously). I'll be making a thread about the drying process. 

Message 21 of 33 (848 Views)

Washing Tub and Clothesline bugs

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, City Living, Get Together (basically all but Seasons) GPs: Parenthood, Vampires SP: Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add flowers to tub, wash laundry in the Laundry Tub, hang to dry on clothesline
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to get clean laundry. The clothes will start out as filthy, turn to pristine while they are being physically washed, then they end up "used" as soon as the washing is complete. Then, after going on the clothesline, the sim will do a quick T pose, and clothes disappear and reappear, and then the clothes are dripping (soaked) until they become filthy. They sometimes never dry. Sometimes, the clothes can be put on the ground then back on the line and they'll dry after 20 hours. There is no moodlet about anything other than dry clothing.
What do you expect to see? I expect my clothes to be pristine (or clean) at the end of the washing, to dry as scripted (20 hours), then to be dry and clean, and put away. I expect a moodlet for adding flowers when my sim wears the clean and dry clothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I got the game after the seasons patch, so I cannot confirm nor deny if the patch has anything to do with the bug(s). 

Message 22 of 33 (866 Views)

Re: Washing Tub and Clothesline bugs

★ Apprentice

Got my sim a washer/dryer unit. Clothes that are washed and are pristine in the washer are still pristine when put on the drying line. Clothes that are "used" from the laundry tub are "used" when they go in the dryer, but get dry as expected. Clothes that are washed in the tub with flowers and are re-washed in the washer will have a floral moodlet, then turn pristine (and dry in the dryer). Clothes still take too long to dry. 

Message 23 of 33 (854 Views)

Re: Washing Tub and Clothesline bugs

Hero

Hi @Moriaena

seems like you're describing several issues and there's several threads around. Merged yours with this one for the moment. Need to find the other. It's a bit hard to keep them all separate as there seem quite a few issues that might be connected. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 33 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having an issue with vampires using the clothes line. My vampire sim just drops the laundry on the floor while his human partner is able to hang the washing just fine. I have tested other vampires on the same lot and seem to get the same result. I have all packs and no mods. 

Update - the only way to resolve this seems to be to start a new game. Sigh. 

Message 25 of 33 (801 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I tested this with these results:

Playing without Seasons: When a Sim uses the clothing line, the clothes become invisible in the middle of the animation. They re-appear after reloading the lot.

Playing with Seasons: No bugs. Animation correct, clothes stay visible, drying quite fast (I tested in spring with no rain occuring), everything clean.

Message 26 of 33 (749 Views)

★ Apprentice

Alanmichael1 -- I'll test that myself (just picked up the pack). Hopefully that helps narrow down the bugs!

Message 27 of 33 (720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i don't own Seasons, but i was hoping that today's patch would have fixed this. Frown

Message 28 of 33 (693 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same problem here. 

Captura de Tela (14).png

Message 29 of 33 (675 Views)

★★ Expert
i don't know if the same thing happens to you, but... after restarting the game the clothes *will* show up. the problem is that they will be used/dirty.
Message 30 of 33 (667 Views)