Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Clean dry clothes in laundry hamper

by Tahemet

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Guide

not sure if it is related or not..but after some time every washing machine I have stops working

when  I click on the washing machine the only option the game is giving me is the "improve/update" option, but it is greyed out. Saying "cannot be updated as long as there is laundry in the washing machine" (there isn't)

when I click on the baskets they are teling me that I don't have a washing machine

(no mods, no CC  in my game)

Message 21 of 32 (1,821 Views)

Hero
Doesn't sound related. Please make a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 32 (1,803 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well, but it only happens when the maid does laundry. She'll either put the clean laundry back into the hamper (which my Sims cannot access or put away, the menu is always grayed out) or set the laundry down on a nearby table instead of putting it away. I don't remember how I solved the issue, I think I just ignored it and the clean clothes just ended up being "used" by my sims. Or the maid came again and put the laundry away. It doesn't happen very often, just every so often when the maid touches my laundry.

Message 23 of 32 (1,797 Views)

★★ Guide

Same thing is happening in my game. More often than not, clothes in the hamper will be "clean" and can't be added to the washer... even happened one day, the clothes in the hamper where literally sparkling from being pristine and the clothes piles where sparkling, as well. Wish I had thought to get a SS.

This happens modded or not modded. New save or old save.

Message 24 of 32 (1,786 Views)

★ Guide

had this issue too, to the point where so many clean clothes were added to the hamper that the hamper became completely full and sims were dropping clothes on the floor (some of the piles were clean too)

anyway, I discovered that after about a sim week (maybe longer, I'm not sure) of leaving things as they are, clothes eventually degraded to dirty both in the hamper, on the floor and in my sim's inventory (put them in there because they were literally everywhere).

Message 25 of 32 (1,771 Views)

Hero

Adding clean clothes to a pile of dirty clothes will no longer prevent the Sims from washing the clothing. And adding dirty clothes to a pile of clean clothes will no longer prevent the Sims from washing the clothing.

New Patch, new luck.

Hopefully it's the correct patch note this time

Fixed in Patch 1.42.30

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 32 (13,002 Views)

Re: Laundry Day: clean dry clothes in laundry hamper

★★★★★ Novice
i am also having this problem this is the second time i used the washer and dryer since i bought the pack and after the clothes went into the dryer i had no option to take them out and put away, if i put them on the floor i still had no option to put them away they were in a pile but said clean and dry, i put them in a hamper and i still could not put them away or re-wash them. no i do not have mods.
Message 27 of 32 (1,652 Views)

Hero

HI @hotbread01

this thread was about clean dry laundry inside the hamper. There's a few other issues with the washing machine but this is actually supposed to be fixed.

Here's another issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-LDSP-Laundry-Disapears-Washing-Machine-Broken/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 32 (1,631 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
hmm well it seemed it was the clothes or hamper not the machine like that thread you suggested i just could not put it away and the only way to fix it was to put the clothes back into the hamper then delete and rebuy the hamper
Message 29 of 32 (1,621 Views)

Hero

Hi @hotbread01

could you create a new thread for me, exactly describing what you're seeing atm and also provide your save with it ? 

Instructions for save can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 32 (1,609 Views)