Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [LDSP] Cannot Use Washer/Dryer When Under Shelving

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Jungle Adventure (though I do hope to purchase it very soon)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a washer or dryer under the LaundryMaid Essentials Shelving.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a washer or dryer is under the LaundryMaid Essentials Shelving, I am unable to use it.
What do you expect to see? I'd expect to be able to use a washer or dryer when it's under the LaundryMaidEssentials Shelving.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Laundry Day

Although the LaundryMaid Essentials Shelving looks like it's designed to be able to have a washer or dryer under it, I am unable to use a washer or dryer that is placed under it. Whenever I click on the hamper to transfer laundry, the option to do so is grayed out, saying that there is no available washer. When I instead click on clothes on the floor, manually place it in the dryer, and then direct a Sim to start the laundry, they'll perform the routing failure animation and the action will cancel. When I don't use MOO, objects such as a washer or dryer are able to fit under it just fine, which makes these routing issues really strange to me.

I am uncertain if this is by design or not. This is a commonly reported issue in other places, but I don't think there's been any official confirmation on if it really is by design or not. I personally really hope that it isn't by design because it's really aesthetically pleasing to have a washer or dryer under this shelf.

Message 1 of 6 (866 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Cannot Use Washer/Dryer When Under Shelving

Hero

Sims can now load clothes into their washer and dryer even if there is a shelf above the object.

Fixed in Patch 1.41.38

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (805 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cannot Use Washer/Dryer When Under LaundryMaid Essentials Shelving

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's a known issue for all shelfing to my knowledge. Did you try other shelves ?

Thanks for creating a thread. I'll add it on the next round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Alright, I did I quick test to see which shelves don't work over washers and dryers. These are the ones that do not work:

- Revolutionary Wall Surface

- The Leash Wrangler

- Pop n' Lock Shelving

- Wicker Whims Shelving

- LaundryMaid Essentials Shelving

- LaundryMaid Deluxe Shelving

- All cabinets (do not work if at the lowest height they will go over washer/dryer, but DO work if placed higher)

Everything else seems to work. Since this issue seems to occur with cabinets as well, at least to an extent, the title of this thread might possibly be able to be edited to include them. Also, if any new shelves come with Jungle Adventure, could anyone who has it check and see which ones from it do and do not work over washers and dryers?

Message 3 of 6 (823 Views)

Hero
I just made the title a bit generic.

Thanks for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (790 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (741 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Cannot Use Washer/Dryer When Under Shelving

Hero

Sims can now load clothes into their washer and dryer even if there is a shelf above the object.

Fixed in Patch 1.41.38

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (806 Views)