Re: Sims hold laundry incorrectly

by Dannakyri

Original Post

Sims hold laundry incorrectly

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim add laundry from the hamper or from the floor to the washing machine.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim holds all laundry by the bottom of the bag, sideways. the bag is either behind them or overlapping with their legs.
What do you expect to see? The laundry bag to be held correctly at the sims' side or in front of them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Photos attached. This happens no matter which Sim I select.

Message 71 of 88 (1,163 Views)

★ Apprentice

Chiming in to say this is still a glitch and is happening in my game as well. 

Message 72 of 88 (1,066 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mine too. Sort of figured they would have fixed this one by now. It's sort of unsettling to see my sims take laundry to the hamper now.

Message 73 of 88 (1,050 Views)

Laundry bag clips to sim's legs/rear end

★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever the laundry is moved from the hamper to the washing machine and\or when the laundry is done washing, the wet laundry is moved from the washing machine to the dryer
What happens when the bug occurs? the laundry bag clips to the sim's legs and it looks like they're holding nothing, meanwhile the bag is clipped to their knees/rear
What do you expect to see? the bag should be in sim's hands
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 74 of 88 (994 Views)

Re: Laundry bag clips to sim's legs/rear end

★★★ Apprentice

Yup, this is a 2 year-old issue, and still happens every time my Sims go to do laundry.

Message 75 of 88 (910 Views)

The laundry glitches in hand

★ Apprentice

Platform:Xbox Series X
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42.9.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take laundry out of hamper
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim picks it up with right hand but then glitches in to left hand but sideways and behind the sim
What do you expect to see? the laundry to stay held in the right hand and in the correct position
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please fix

Message 76 of 88 (877 Views)

Re: The laundry glitches in hand

★★ Guide

Same, I'm playing on PC. I don't have mods and never had them. 

Message 77 of 88 (869 Views)

Laundry bag glitched

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available packs, except kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pick up laundry from the floor to load into the washing machine.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bag of laundry gets stuck horizontally on the opposite hand, as opposed to being carried in the hand held up as though it is carrying it.
What do you expect to see? The bag held in the intended hand in a vertical direction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's not a massive issue of course, but it doesn't feel like something that should be happening so I thought I should report it.

Message 78 of 88 (855 Views)

Floating Clothes when doing laundry.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Game test and rework bug? *shrug*
What happens when the bug occurs? When my Sim(s) take laundry out of the hamper, the laundry bag is floating near chest area and not in hand. When they are half walking/half trotting to the laundry mat it either floats in area on the ground. When they do throw the laundry in the washer either A.) is suddenly falls on the floor, B.) I have to click the clothes a few times to get them toss the clothes in the washer (I mean I can relate...) or C.) the washer doesn't run automatically like it used too. Once the washer is finished and ready to move to the dryer it doesn't dry the clothes and/or doesn't do anything, (sometimes the wet clothes just land on the ground, so washer process is repeated. -_- ) . It's a tooth and nail chore that its been happening since a few patch updates.
What do you expect to see? What I expect to see is the laundry bag in their hands properly moving with their hand movements. The washer system used to wash automatically and once changing to the dryer it will dry properly as well. Clothes would not hit the floor after pulling out of the washer.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm not sure which patch but I know this has been a recent issue. It gets to the point where I will just remove the appliances off the lot and I would like to have them in, as it is a fun feature though not so at the moment.

Attaching screenshot what I see all the time when Sims move laundry to washer.

I have uninstalled mods and played without them and the issue still happens, fyi. Standard smile

Message 79 of 88 (822 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Animation to put laundry in washing machine is glitched

★★★ Apprentice

Not fixed, still happening in my game.

Message 80 of 88 (772 Views)