[FIXED] [KNSP] Sims can't resume knitting

by Sherlock_H101

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [KNSP] Sims can't resume knitting while standing

★★★★ Apprentice

I have no MODs, no CC. 

My sim, when directed to knit OR resume project will try to stroll around my house and find her path blocked. I had one sim who went outside the house, walked around the pool (which she has no trouble getting to if I ask her to dive/swim) and suddenly finds her path blocked. By what? I don't know. Other Sims, those not living there, just try to wander outside somewhere, but again, their path is mysteriously blocked. However, like with the pool, if I send them out to garden or sit, they have no trouble leaving and getting to where I direct them. 

The other issue: If I do not direct her to sit before knitting or resuming knitting projects, she cannot seem to find herself a seat. Her path is mysteriously blocked. But, if I ask her to watch TV FIRST, she will sit, turn the tv on, THEN I can direct her to knit and she will. 

Message 21 of 59 (1,795 Views)

Re: Sims Will Not Knit When Told To

★★★ Novice

THANK YOU this is the obly way it works for me

Message 22 of 59 (1,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Honestly same but mine won't even start new projects either. They stand their with the 'cant walk over there or interact thought bubble'. Normally 1-3 projects were able to be started, 1 could resume; but after the initial 1-3 projects, they stand there, unable to sit. I tried having them sit onto the surface first, but no luck, they either do the thought bubble like something is blocking them; also tried the cheat to teleport closer or somewhere else, again nothing. Eventually this started to effect the other skills and interactions. Baking skill/cooking: wouldn't be able to interact with food unless it was to grab a serving. Tried to decorate some baked goods I made, and the same 'cant walk or interact' thought bubble. Even moving the object into various spots doesn't help. Its effecting knitting, but also other interactions and skills. There reached a point where my sim could only build snowpals and snow angels...

Message 23 of 59 (1,742 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue (in addition to a myriad of other issues since the last patch that is making my game completely unplayable). I really loved the knitting pack, so this is so horribly disappointing. 

Message 24 of 59 (1,690 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I do not have the Star Wars pack.

Message 25 of 59 (1,648 Views)

Re: Sims Will Not Knit When Told To

Champion

when you click on sofa chair to resume project it does not work but when you sit first and then resume project it works
sometimes sims simply cancel and wave air and other times they try to knit elsewhere

Message 26 of 59 (1,612 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's exactly my problem; they have both Beginners' Yarn Basket and Super Stash Yarn Basket, they have a seat to sit on, and a knitting project in progress... 

Except they keep saying something is in their way! And it doesn't matter how many times you spam it, they just stand there complaining about "nothing" in their way, not even within a 3-tile radius around them. Might as well frog it and start over.

Message 27 of 59 (1,561 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have been able to get it to work if they sit on a Sofa first, but I unable to get them to Resume anything if you seat them in The Rocking Chair. 

Message 28 of 59 (1,505 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [KNSP] Sims can't knit if they have unfinished projects

★★★★★ Newbie

@circecyanide when you choose resume knitting, do you use the knitting bag/box option menu, or do you click on the chair/sofa/etc.?

Message 29 of 59 (1,491 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I see this on PS4. My Sim was standing in the bathroom and wouldn't start a knit or resume a knit at all. I had to frog the knits and then start new ones after I had my sim seated.

Message 30 of 59 (1,470 Views)