Re: Sims Will Not Knit When Told To

by khamseen_air

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [KNSP] Sims can't knit if they have unfinished projects

★★★ Novice
@circecyanide I have noticed this too, but my sim won't resume a project on a rocking chair, even if he is already sitting down. It is so annoying, and I just bought this pack last week.
Message 41 of 59 (2,155 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for this comment, literally saved me. I was getting so frustrated.

Message 42 of 59 (2,128 Views)

Sims can't resume knitting and says there is something in the way

★★★ Newbie

When i first have my sim do a knitting project they do it, but when they try to resume it they say something in the way when clearly there isn't. help!!

Message 43 of 59 (2,082 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [KNSP] Sims can't resume knitting

★★ Guide
@Sherlock_H101 I had this happen too, but also with writing books. I found that if I have them do something else for a while or start a different project, I could later go back and have them complete the project. Or I could have them start a new one and in their queue have them resume the item and they would often complete both. It started with Snowy Escapes update for me. (No mods or CC.)
Message 44 of 59 (2,034 Views)

knitting broken

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? I always have my game fully updated.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having my sim actually go knit.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am trying to have my sim knit a * and it says that she can't go there.
What do you expect to see? My sim going to sit down and start knitting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Pictures for when I click on it

Message 45 of 59 (1,994 Views)

Re: knitting broken

Hero
@laney_megan Merging this with the master.

Is it only existing projects or also new ones for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 59 (1,965 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you @lady8jane for your workaround. I was banging my head against the wall with this happening every single time my sim had to try and resume a knit project, the amount of them I've scraped now is unreal. Following your post I told him to sit on the couch and then selected resume and he started without error. 

Message 47 of 59 (1,948 Views)

★★★ Novice

Haven't looked at this since September and, from the look of all the comments as recent as a week ago, the problem CLEARLY still has not been fixed.  There hasn't even been any mention of it at all in the last several patch updates!

Message 48 of 59 (1,915 Views)

★★★ Guide
My sim could not resume the project when standing somewhere OR when sitting in the rocking chair. As soon as I sat her down on the sofa, she could resume with no problem. She could start new projects when standing or sitting in the rocking chair.
Message 49 of 59 (1,863 Views)

Yarn Basket Problem

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, most game packs, and knifty knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think the best course of action is to fix the bug in the yarn bag.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to get my sim to resume a knitting project, but she acts like there's no room
What do you expect to see? My sim to resume her knitting and not have to buy a new yarn bag every time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch caused this problem, I believe

So my sim can't continue her knitting project. Whenever I try, she makes the mothin that there's no room, no matter where in her house she goes. The only temporary solution i've found so far is to sell the yarn bag and buy a new one. However, not only does it delete my sim's project, the problem still persists if she doesn't finish her project and tries to resume it at a later time. Since I do not have any cc installed, I believe the yarn bag is bugged. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Message 50 of 59 (1,840 Views)