Sims won't knit

by Simsalaisa

Original Post

Sims can't find seat when trying to knit

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all DLC, except Star Wars and Snowy
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Buy a knitting bag and put it in a sim's inventory 2. place sim anywhere in a furnished house. 3. Either click the knitting bag and tell them to knit something, or click any valid chair/sofa and tell them to knit
What happens when the bug occurs? 9 of 10 times the game will charge for yarn and then the sim will complain immediately and drop the command, or they will run to a seat and then complain - presumably about the seat being blocked (worth noting these are all seats that are confirmed working properly otherwise).
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to be able to use a seat to knit when they're able to use the same seat to just sit there (isn't that the point?).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. installed Knifty Knitting (maybe also the 17 Nov hotfix which seems to have caused some other random pathing issues)

Basically, if I click the knitting bag and tell them to knit, they'll just complain most the time. But if I tell them to sit down first and then tell them to knit, they'll get right to it without complaints. This also goes for all seats that have a "knit" command as well as the "sit" command. When they fail to sit down the knitting project becomes available as a "resume" option, so at least we don't get double charged.

This goes for all the 20 or so chairs, sofas, and pool edges I've tested. But as long as a sim is standing right in front of the middle of a sofa they can figure out how to sit and knit on it every time, but if they're just slightly off to the side they can't figure it out on their own. Makes no difference if there is a table in front of the sofa or not.

They seem to only be able to find a place to knit on their own when they don't know how to knit yet. As soon as they level up in knitting they can no longer autonomously find a place to sit and knit.

Message 31 of 59 (1,599 Views)

Re: Sims can't find seat when trying to knit

Hero (Retired)
@TheSteelRodent I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 32 of 59 (1,585 Views)

Re: Sims can't find seat when trying to knit

★★★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper cheers Standard smile Thought there was a thread somewhere, but it didn't show up on the search
Message 33 of 59 (1,582 Views)

Re: Sims Will Not Knit When Told To

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Sherlock_H101This is what I'm having now. My sims can start the new project but unable to resume it even in rocking chair. I asked her to sit on the rocking chair, then resume, then she just stands up and waves her hands.

Message 34 of 59 (1,537 Views)

Sims 4 Nifty Knitting bug

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all the packs installed for Sims 4 PC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? trying the resume knitting option with nifty knitting stuff pack
What happens when the bug occurs? the sims says object is blocking them from doing it but if you choose knit option or frog knitting option instead of resume kitting they do it.
What do you expect to see? click on knitting basket or sim and press knitting option they will knit but press resume knitting option they will complain something is in the way.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i have explained everything above.

Message 35 of 59 (1,533 Views)

resume knitting is bugged

★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except MFPS and snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game, beta test yourself
What happens when the bug occurs? when clicking on 'resume knitting project' on any seat, the sims shows 'can't reach' animation, shows an routing issue. when you sit down the sim first then it's possible to resume knitting. (start knitting works at the same seats)
What do you expect to see? when you click on resume knitting project on a seat i assume that the sims resumes the knitting project
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

when clicking on 'resume knitting project' on any seat, the sims shows 'can't reach' animation, shows a routing issue.
when you sit down the sim first then it's possible to resume knitting.
(start knitting works at the same seats without sitting them down first)

i had this bug from the release of nifty knitting, when i remember correctly.

(i know there are more serious issues at the moment, all the crashing, but and all the new implemented bugs, but let's not forget that old packs still not working)

Message 36 of 59 (1,501 Views)

Sims won't knit

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell a Sim to knit
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim says no head clearance, if instructed to sit in rocking chair/ chair on couch there is no problem, also there is no platform. Sim refuses to knit
What do you expect to see? My Sim knitting where I told them to and finishing their projects

xxx

Message 37 of 59 (1,496 Views)

Re: Sims won't knit

★ Novice

Still having this problem. I even do the sit command first, then continue knit and it doesn't work. If I frog or new project it does work though. 

Message 38 of 59 (1,460 Views)

Resume previous Knitting project - NOT WORKING

★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In game I'm trying to continue a knitting project that my sim has already started but It never lets me
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim has the "cannot find pathing" icon show up above her head
What do you expect to see? I press on a chair or anywhere I can knit to continue working on a previously started one and it won't allow me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes

Here's a screen shot of what happens when I try to resume previous knitting project. It happens with or without mods and with all places you can sit and knit.

Message 39 of 59 (1,445 Views)

Not getting finished knitting projects

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, island living, discover university, eco lifestyle, outdoor retreat, spa day, vampires, parenthood, perfect patio, cool kitchen, movie hangout, kids room, backyard, vintage glamour, toddlers, laundry day, my first pets, tiny living, and nifty knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start, stop, and try to continue a knitting project.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I start, stop, and try to continue a knitting project, the finished project doesn’t get put into my inventory.
What do you expect to see? Getting the finished projects in my inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever I have my sim start a new knitting project and have them stop, when I try to have them continue the same project it doesn’t go into their inventory when it’s finished. I’m not sure if this is from my script mod or newest update. Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 40 of 59 (1,428 Views)